Status
Not open for further replies.

coppsy

Still Down!!

"UPDATE 30 Nov 0914:19:13
We are working to resolve the "Under Construction" issue now being experienced by some customers."

Some customers? That would be me then.
Note to self - don't bother investing in Lotto this week. Luck is out.

Sunny Skies

Still Down

Yeah I usually go to greyhounds at the weekend, small flutter but I think I will pass this week.

God its hard enough to win business in the current climate but when your business web site is down you have no chance.

I'd planned a marketing campaign this week.

Looks like I can stay in bed tomorrow again

blueark

It's now a week out of action. There's no excuse for this. I guess I'm one of the 'some customers' experiencing the 'Under Construction issue' too.

So, had I not looked at the status page, I wouldn't have realised that it's now up to me to go through all my domains to find out which of my clients' sites are still down, so I can let R365 know, in order for them to endevour to restore it as soon as possible. FFS, THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW WHICH SITES ARE STILL DOWN!!!!! And forgive me for being cynical, but one week ago today they said "We are working on restoring this service as soon as possible". Does that mean that when I let them know our site is still down, we'll be waiting another f*&$!ng week? As if I've nothing else to do. Hell, if the FTP wasn't down too, I could restore the bloody thing myself...

coppsy

I gave them a list of sites at 14:30 yesterday and still nothing has changed.

I'm just sorry I didn't move the whole lot to Blacknight last week when this lasted for more than a day.

I've made a start on that now but it turns out that most of my sites are using forms dependent on Frontpage Extensions & that is no longer supported by MS & BK. So need to put together an alternative.

It would have been nice just to copy the whole lot over there, change NS on register365 and wash my hands of the whole sorry mess.

Nothing is ever quite that simple.

coppsy

Still nothing. This is now officially the worst service I've ever encountered in 30 years in the IT business.

I'm thinking these people are trying to put me out of business.

blueark

Back at last! Site seems to be back to normal from yesterday evening, and I think my client is going to move to the new cluster. Hopefully it will work out better!

coppsy

I've had enough of this kind of crappy service and furthermore I don't particularly trust any other hosting providers either. So I've decided to maintain two copies of all my sites across two hosting companies. That way is this crap ever happens again I'll just update name servers.

Overkill maybe but I can't afford to have my business exposed like this again.

Status
Not open for further replies.