Status
Not open for further replies.

link8r

If Idi Amin/Robert Mugabe had a hosting company, surely they'd use rules like these :

The Rules - please read

Also while these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.

Any threads/posts of these types will be deleted without warning.

No doubt they run their forum democratically even if people are honest about the completely s**** service R365 operate....Not!

adrian5750

...and would the last person to leave 'Regsiter365' please turn off the lights.

Oh - silly me - I see (from a post in their shiny new forum) that they're going to do exactly that.... tomorrow morning - 0000 - 0400... quote :-

=============
Please note there will be Emergency Maintenance on Friday 9th January 2009 between 00:00 and 04:00 for EPO removal from a UPS board at the Dublin Data Center.

All equipment being supplied by this board will be powered down during this period, as legally the Data Center Engineers cannot operate on a live circuit.

The following services will be impacted during this time:

Linux and Windows Web Hosting
Incoming and Outgoing Mail service
===========

Ah - that's OK - nothing important then....

How glad am I that I made the effort and moved everything from 'Regsiter365' to a.n.other (Hiya Michele <g>)

Dreadful service, dreadful PR, awful company......

Adrian

Byron

If shares become like AIG's in their said company, I think we should really all set up a collabrative hosting company, like a credit union, with each member of the site who invests, having equal shares :D

link8r

...and would the last person to leave 'Regsiter365' please turn off the lights.

Oh - silly me - I see (from a post in their shiny new forum) that they're going to do exactly that.... tomorrow morning - 0000 - 0400... quote :-

Dreadful service, dreadful PR, awful company......

Adrian

Well said. Just to repeat from another post if anyone else is following this:

R365/Namesco DO NOT OFFER BACKUP'S ON THEIR SHARED HOSTING. IF YOU HOST WITH THEM YOU NEED TO LEAVE NOW.

To the poor loyal souls who voted No on "Would you leave Namesco in light of them being a useless shower" - you need to know that if you delete a file or your site is hacked today, you will not be able to restore it tomorrow. Yes it's stupid, lazy, incredible but it's reality. Leave.

link8r

Just from their Technical Support team when we tried to do a recovery after an old client lost their database. Apparently it's in their terms and conditions. They wouldn't do it for us or our client and were adamant about it. That's good enough for me. Hosting365 were a great company and it's such a pity that Namesco have f****d a good thing like that.

Byron

can't you also back up your own site?

You obviously haven't comphrehended the theories of WEB 2.0 / user material being generated constantly.

Also, preventing users from changing hosts without charge would raise issues with the communications regulation, just as with phone lines, wouldn't it?

link8r

Yes we do backup some...and clients backup theirs too...but we have 350 domains - they're on shared hosting under our reseller account (you should remember those ;) ) - it is expensive and not very feasibly to do 24/7 backups across linux, mysql and windows/mssql - this causes a massive strain on the dbs - its best done onsite!

Considering how slow the MSSQL servers are - backing them up manually over the web (as there is no auto-backup) - isn't a good idea, it isn't even practical. It would slow it down for all users. Your argument is quite bad actually, I'm a little surprised/dissappointed....

hosting365

Byron

You must have missed my post in the other thread.

Hosting365 is not register365.

We don't sell domains or shared hosting.

Hope that's compehensible.

link8r

Gee thanks, I wasn't aware of that even though I signed up with Hosting365 shared hosting in 2001 and became a reseller in 2003 - and witnessed the cluster-f**k that is Register365/Namesco after it bought Register365 FROM HOSTING 365

I understand you are keen to point out you are two different companies - but Regsiter365 was Hosting365's shared hosting company.....Sorry it's the truth, you can't complain.

hosting365

Sorry David - that post was directed at Byron.

I'm simply making the point that I'm no longer able to infuence register365 in any way - and their policies, services or support are nothing to do with hosting365

link8r

Sorry David - that post was directed at Byron.

No Problem!

I'm simply making the point that I'm no longer able to infuence register365 in any way - and their policies, services or support are nothing to do with hosting365

That shower of c****s ? I don't think anyone is able to influence them - here's to Namesco's self-inflicted demise in 2009 ... buh-bye Namesco, hello Blacknight....

Byron

I concur,
I will refer to them solely as Register 365 in future. It probably would help if you didnt post press releases by the NamesCo hosting365, but I retract my statements ref your company and understand you are a seperate entity, albeit an appeasing ex associate.

I would hope for the worst with them, and would favour a press leak of this issues to E-Thursday, Silcon Republic or a similar publication, which I don't have an interest in doing. But certainly their (NamesCO) carry on is deplorable and I wouldn't wish demise on anyone, but perhaps a job hunt for their staff would be for the best, god knows, no employers on this forum would have them now.

link8r

Out of curiosity Stephen, weren't Namesco and Hosting365 both down to a DNS and/or a power outtage issue - are you guys sharing the same facility still? Don't Namesco use the Hosting365.ie DNS address?

Did any of the staff in Hosting365 stay with Namesco or did they all stay (move) from the shared hosting to Hosting365's current services?

hosting365

All of the staff moved over to hosting365 services.

Namesco are the 4th largest (and growing) host in the Uk and also part of a much larger plc. They have a large team (90+) based in the uk.

They are still in the process of removing the hosting365.ie domain from the systems.

Apollo

Just posted.

---------------------

Register365: Emergency Maintenance Window (Power Board) Friday 9th January 2009 from 00:00 - 04:00 {UPDATED}

Please note there will be Emergency Maintenance on Friday 9th January 2009 between 00:00 and 04:00 for EPO removal from a UPS board at the Dublin Data Center.

All equipment being supplied by this board will be powered down during this period, as legally the Data Center Engineers cannot operate on a live circuit.

Maintenance updates will be posted at Network Status - Domain Names, Hosting, Dedicated Server Solutions and Broadband ADSL, Namesco Limited

The following services will be impacted during this time:
Linux and Windows Web Hosting Incoming and Outgoing Mail service

Data Center Engineers have exhausted all other alternatives during the past few weeks to find a non-impacting solution.

The management team would like to offer their sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this maintenance window may cause but this work is critical to minimise any further unexpected interruption in service.

For any further queries, please submit an enquiry through your online Control Panel or email support@register365.com

Kind regards,
Register365 Management

==================

Arg!

:(

paul

Ninja
FYI it's not possible to add domains to CP panel and AwStats hasn't updated for my sites in the last 2 nights.

I've submitted help desk requests....

Status
Not open for further replies.