registering domain names and redirecting them to main website - does this increase tr

Status
Not open for further replies.

liz

HI All

I am getting a website for my business off the ground in the coming months. I was looking on google adwords at the volumes of searches for specific words and phrases. My question is this:
If I register several domain names that are actually mirror image of the keyword seaches on the adwords and if i then direct each of them to my main website does this mean that I will capture all that additional traffic onto my website. Not sure if I can am explaining this correctly so here is an example.

lets says the main website is www.mainwebsite.ie i then register the domains www.cabbage.ie www.redcabbage.ie www.cookingcabbages.ie www.growingcabages.ie because adwords is telling there is xthousand seaches per month locally for these phrases, i have all these additional domains then redirected to www.mainwebsite.ie (there will not be a website created for each of the additional domains) well will i capture all those people and will i automatically come up in the organic listings when someone types in growing cabbages evening there is no wesite for this domain but its redirected to www.mainwebsite.ie

thanks for any help folks

Hi Liz,
its a little more complicated than that. Just because you have the site redcabbage, does not mean when somebody who searches for 'red cabbage' your site will be the top result (or even on the 1st page!)

It is a good idea to use google adwords, but do not believe everything you read, unless you are very familiar with the way they generate the numbers for the results you are looking at you may be looking at skewed figures. Use it as a guide only.

Correct me if I am wrong but what you are intending on doing is creating your own 'cabbage' network, which will take time to mature and offer the potential results it could yield.

I suggest you do create niche websites for each separate search you are targeting and then link them all back to your main site.

Just out of interest what is your business? I presume it is not cabbages, or am i wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.