Registering .ie domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

offloadit

Do I have to register on and pay €20 on CRO every time I want to register a .ie domain?

I already have an RBN for an existing .ie. Can I re use that even if the domain is not a variation of that existing web address?

Is there a simpler way to register a .ie domain?

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
Do I have to register on and pay €20 on CRO every time I want to register a .ie domain?

I already have an RBN for an existing .ie. Can I re use that even if the domain is not a variation of that existing web address?

Is there a simpler way to register a .ie domain?

Are you registered as a sole trader ... ?? As a freelance webdesigner / sole trader its given me a lot more leeway on domains I can purchase

With your existing RBN (if its for "Socks and Shoes" ... its unlikely they'll give you bigtellyland.ie) If its for yourself however and you can justify a claim you may get it .. there are hoops however to be jumped through generally with the IEDR

K

Kieran

The 20 Euro is probably worth it to keep the name anyway. I got one of my clients to do this recently for a competitive domain name so that she would not get complaints from the other domain name holder who had a .com that was similar.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
The 20 Euro is probably worth it to keep the name anyway. I got one of my clients to do this recently for a competitive domain name so that she would not get complaints from the other domain name holder who had a .com that was similar.
Just so you're aware, a RBN doesn't really trump a common law trademark, so your client could still get headaches :)

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Status
Not open for further replies.