Removing Date From Wordpress Blog Posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

trickobrien

I have noticed in my own searches,that I will distinguish between search engine results that I consider dated,and will select a more recent or non dated result.Since blog posts carry their respective dates,I decided to remove that,and contrary to what I thought-no code needs to be hacked.For anyone interested in doing the same,its really quite easy

Dashboard->Settings->General Settings and then for date and time format just select -> Custom,and delete F j, Y,and g:i a and click-> Save Changes

Posts will remain timeless

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I'd find that very annoying, unless the blog was poetry or something that isn't ever going to change

trickobrien

LOL Well it saves having to keep writing on the same subject to keep a recent post,I find it useful if I already have a post ranked on first page,no need to create more (unless you wanted to)

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
LOL Well it saves having to keep writing on the same subject to keep a recent post,I find it useful if I already have a post ranked on first page,no need to create more (unless you wanted to)
So you're writing for search engines not humans?

trickobrien

Yeah I probably have a tendency to do that.I rarely read anyone elses content-just scan over it and let whatever part of my brain decide if its relevant/accurate etc.I am more impressed by images

trickobrien

I had a think about your question Blacknight,and I dont write content for search engines-I write content for search queries that search engines receive

trickobrien

I have the same routine for anything I write.First draft is written with the intention of being as helpful as possible.Then edit for grammatical/syntax errors.Then final revision is with SEO in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.