Status
Not open for further replies.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I'd keep well away from them

My personal experiences with them were terrible - I couldn't even get a quote from them

If you want to do online banner advertising contact individual site owners directly - most of them will deal direct as well ....

Alternatively talk to Mark in Generator :

Welcome to Generator

paulocon

Spoke to salesonline in relation to a website I was involved in but they deal with the bigger players (would have to be achieving a huge PIPM before they'd work with you).

I don't know of any companies that will deal with the smaller niche websites. Just had a look at the generator website and the figures for sites there seem to be similar?

uSwitch247.com

hmmm...

http://www.salesonline.ie/readyreckoner.pdf

on the sales online table it shows the Down Democrat has 3000 users and 42,000 page impressions per month which is wuite small.

Also, I've been looking at these figures for a while now and they never seem to change....

I'm thinking of buying into a site which currently has over 7000 users and over 100,000 PIPM but sales online seem so difficult to deal with.

Maybe they are just so busy with a million other sites looking to sell ad space, i don't know....

Generator seems only to deal with the really big boys, eircom, rte etc so we'll keep looking for others who will be happy to deal

paulocon

uswitch,

similar experience here - i was looking at the ready reckoner and some of the smaller website on it tallied with the figures I was achieving - what I also had was an .ie domain website that had a very targetted audience in a niche area.

After a few emails, eventually got talking to salesonline but was told that my PIPM would need to rise significantly before they'd even meet with me - they put me on to a smaller company/agent who I met but never got anywhere with..

to be honest, currently using AdSense on the site and earning a bit from that...

addoc

slightly off topic.
Is this ever done in the industry. Go directly to companies eg Bank of Ireland or small business and try sell advert space?

uswitch, would you not use something like commision junction?

Powerboat.ie

I'd keep well away from them

My personal experiences with them were terrible - I couldn't even get a quote from them

If you want to do online banner advertising contact individual site owners directly - most of them will deal direct as well ....

Alternatively talk to Mark in Generator :

Welcome to Generator

I had a similar problem with sales online . We have 6,000 unique visitors per month and 150,000 page views per month. We were advised to contact Sales online by one of their publishers. Umpteen emails and phone calls but no reply :mad:.

I contacted Generator but they don't get out of bed for less than a Zillion !!

Stuart

jmcc

Just been looking at that Sales Online pdf. Some of those traffic claims are ridiculous. I think that ENN has been claiming to have 500K impressions per month for years. As for online.ie - who uses it? It is a dot.bomb relic. As for Irishabroad.com - those figures look a bit dot.bombish too. Oceanfree.net? Are those figures real?

Regards...jmcc

Status
Not open for further replies.