Status
Not open for further replies.

koconnor

Hi all,

I wanted to take a moment to share with you something I am planning on doing, and to get feedback from those of you who have time to give it.

I have been selling an online ebook + videos combo for about 8 months now to a World market, and have been making some good money from it as a side business to my main business.

The product I sell is digital, instantly downloadable and it helps parents and people who are weak at maths to multiply sums quickly and also boosts confidence for those weak at maths.

I have sold lots of these to date and to get to where I am now took a lot of time, money and learning to get the product out there.

Now what I am thinking of doing is taking everything I have learnt to get my product from my imagination and out onto peoples computer screens and put it into a one full day/two day training course (not sure about duration yet), showing what I did at the start, how I designed the product, what software was used to create the videos etc, how I market it, how affiliates have been selling the product for me, how the payments are handled, how I create and tested my squeeze page to get it at its optimal... all the tools I used to get the product commercial.

I also use my email list to generate extra revenue through affiliate marketing of related products. This works well as I don't need to offer any support for these products. This is something I would also give guidance on.

I would be really interested to know if any of you feel there is enough of a market here in Ireland to offer this course, in a hotel somewhere in Dublin, initially. Then if interest picks up I can offer the course around the country.

I guess the angle I am coming at is that I will be teaching everything that has worked for me and helps the course participants in saving time and money for solutions that have actually worked in the past.

I will be providing proof and examples of my ebook sales and also typical emails I send out to my lists so as they can get a head start in having well written targetted copy going out.

So, to summarise my really long (sorry!) post:
A) Do you think there is enough of a market for people who want to turn their hobbies and skills into a digital product?
B) Are there others out there doing a similar course already?
C) If it is viable, what sort of course fee is reasonable for this knowledge?
D) Has anyone here ever sold an online digital product - turning their knowledge into an automated income?

Thanks for your time in reading this post guys and Gals, I would be interested to know your opinions.

Kevin.

PS. The product I sell is in my signature called My Maths Book.

koconnor

Can anyone share anything on this?

Thanks,

Kevin

Fintan

Hi Kevin

Two questions:

1) Is your site memory master or vdeic maths ebook?
2) If your good at selling ebooks why not set up a new site to sell affiliate marketing ebooks?

koconnor

Hi Fintan,

thanks for the reply.

The site is Vedic Maths Ebook, a product created for my memorymentor.com website.

2) If your good at selling ebooks why not set up a new site to sell affiliate marketing ebooks?

I really wanted to promote the knowledge I had gained over the last couple of years to get my ebook to where it is today. I see your point in setting up other sites that promote affiliate products, and I use PPC for this.

The idea of the course is to share the knowledge gained of getting peoples ideas out onto the market, using the techniques I used to get my ebook out there.

Thanks for taking the time to post a reply

Kevin

Fintan

Well if its any use I would be interested in siting down and learning what you did as Im looking at my options in this area :)

koconnor

Ebook Creation Forum

All,

From the original post I made about creating a course for ebook creation, I have created a forum on the subject with some 14 posts up already.

It's in its infancy and I will endevour to add to it each day.

Insight Online • Index page

It's in the LinkedIn members one, I had that created as my linkedin group (Insight Online) was where I started this all off.

I hope what little information is there at the moment will give some guidance to those creating their own ebook.

Kevin.

Dublin Domainer

I think it's quite a good idea, Kevin. Those who are used to the Internet might prefer an online version, but the very people the course would be aimed at might prefer a course or seminar where they can ask questions face to face.

You might test the market with an ad in a newspaper that requires people to send for further information. :)

I ran a very successful course some years ago in a local hostelry. It later became a correspondence course and I am now planning to sell the e-version.

Status
Not open for further replies.