Semi-hidden Google ads on Ask.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

louie

it looks alright to me. different background, "sponsored results" mentioned top-right corner.

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
depending on the contrast on your screen ... I could barely see them ... I was actually looking for the ads and couldn't see them apart from hovering over the links ...

Cormac

I had to stare at the results to tell the ads from the results. Here is what I see in FF3 on Leopard.

CiaranR

Weeno Ltd + Skimlinks.com
It depends on your screen they are a lot easier to see on windows than mac is the main problem

MickyWall

have to agree that it's not very distinguishable, why don't they just fill it all up with paid ads.:rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 444

The ads have a background colour of #F7FBFF versus the page's #FFFFFF which is (subjectively) exactly the same colour on my monitor :/
I had to use the colour-dropper tool to pick up any difference.

I wouldn't use their search engine, but God they have some major balls doing that... wonder what their CTR is. :D

gav240z

Its borderline sneaky!

Definately borderline legal.

I couldn't tell which ones were sponsored vs organic.

Using Firefox and Firebug I hightlighted the area.

On a side note, you looking at doing Flying lessons Cormac? I'd love to do some, and my girlfriend recently bought me tickets to do an intro day for my B'day.

On another side note - I was using Ask Image search last night and it seemed to work quite well. Better than Google for the query I put in anyway.

Cormac

Yup. Looking into flying.
Helicopter lessons are my preference. I love the 'idea' behind choppers. But it's quite expensive to get a license. It will cost approx 17,000 euro to get the flight time and stuff. That figure is from 350 euro * 45 hours of flights!!!

I'm looking into getting a hobby now that I can retire into in 15 - 20 years. :)

Plane lessons are a lot lot cheaper and have less flight time requirements.

Status
Not open for further replies.