Sending email via php - sends to one address but not another?? Cracking me up!

Advert test
Hi,

This is really baffling me. I've created a php Contact Us form which, on submit, calls a page called contact.php. At the top of that page is a variable, $to. When $to is set to one of my email address, the info on the form is collected and emailed to me, no problem. When I set it to my client's email address, nothing arrives in the inbox.

I've checked, double-checked and triple-checked everything, and I just can't see what's wrong with it. The email address is correct, because I sent an email from my own email account, and it arrived 2 seconds later. It's just the php code that won't send it.

I'm new to php and this is my first form, but it all seems pretty straightforward. The only difference I can see is that my client's email address is a .ie, and mine are all .com. I can't see how that could possibly have any bearing on things, but just said I'd mention it...

Someone please help before I start crying!! :(

J.

I doubt that its the email address that is causing the problem. Its possible that the email that your sending to has flagged the mail as junk/spam and either blocked it completely like hotmail is known to do or its going to a junk/spam folder.

Other possibility is the code your using to send the mail, can you post your code here for us to have a look at?

I have a feeling that you're after messing up something in your code. When asking for help with code, you should always post your code from the get-go, even if you think you don't need to. It saves people the effort of asking you to post it and you'll probably find a solution a lot quicker.

Thanks for all the replies, sorry for the delay in getting back to you. The emails arrived in the other inbox - all together, all of a sudden. Some kind of delay, but I've no idea what or why. There doesn't seem to have been anything wrong, just that they arrived in my inbox straight away, but took a couple of hours before arriving to the other address.