Status
Not open for further replies.

mutantspace

without meaning to sound like a complete idiot but how do you submit sites to directories and search engine. Ive just launched a site and am frantically sending out links, pr, etc. Its an artists resource site and as of yet i have no marketing money.....
thanks alot or the help

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Most of the directories have an "add link" or "submit link" button

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
use the fluffylinkulator :p rapid inclusion service :D

actually the three links it gives are the basics ... and go from there.

Powerboat.ie

without meaning to sound like a complete idiot but how do you submit sites to directories and search engine. Ive just launched a site and am frantically sending out links, pr, etc. Its an artists resource site and as of yet i have no marketing money.....
thanks alot or the help

Personal networking can also be effective.

If you have even a small audience for your site and you are willing to share your audience with me then I can share my different audience with you.

You can do this by link or banner exchange or by giving people or sites a personal plug on your site or blog.

3 way links are better than direct swops. i.e. a links to b who links to c who links to a. These 3 way links are obviously slightly more difficult to arrange.

It's on forums such as this that you can get to know people and they can get to know you, thereby building trust and relationships.

Best of luck !

Stuart

mutantspace

okay my url isMutant Space | Mutant Space - home page by the way - thanks alot to all of you on the advice - ive been busily going thro different SEO sites - got google analytics on the site - wasnt until i found out about it that i knew it existed - programmers never said anything...anyway....up 3 weeks and as its a niche its going well enough....
thanks again

You are really asking several questions here. If you have not already submitted to Google, Yahoo, and MSN then do so. Use Google's webmaster tools to submit an XML sitemap.

You can forget the directory route that is an obsolete practice. Use forums in your industry and use Digg and Stumple... That should help!

mutantspace

Thanks alot scottsdale. i use similar forums and arts resource sites as well as social networking sites ive done all the directories and changed key words etc - I will submit an XML sitemap...thanks alot again - by the way all you proffessional guys - whats the ball park figure for getting you to do SEO for me?

Thanks alot scottsdale. i use similar forums and arts resource sites as well as social networking sites ive done all the directories and changed key words etc - I will submit an XML sitemap...thanks alot again - by the way all you proffessional guys - whats the ball park figure for getting you to do SEO for me?

That really varies greatly from company to company. Some companies charge up to 10,000 just to get the process started while others are very reasonably priced. There are a lot of different skills levels available as well as services.

Before anyone hires an SEO provider we suggest that you check to see if they are actually ranked on the first page of Google for the service that they provide. While it is difficult to get on the first page of Google for The search SEO. Any good SEO should be ranking high in their specific markets.

We call this walking the walk and talking the talk. Lots of companies talk SEO but only a few actually walk the walk.

If I quoted you a price here that would be considered self promotion and it is not allowed, nor do I feel it would be appropriate.

shivbrown

thanks alot or the help

Yes search engines and directories etc have submit button, or if youe with ekmpower shop etc thats all sone for you including the price per month you pay.
Try not to add to too many directory etc all at once as sometimes it can do more harm then good.

Status
Not open for further replies.