Seo Friendly Classified Script?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gav240z

Drupal?

I may have posted this question already, but I'm asking again :p

Does anyone know of a mod_rewrite capable classified script?

I don't know if its worth getting involved with Drupal for such a simple task. But Drupal has a Classifieds module that is quite flexible. Since it uses the Drupal framework you can give it search engine friendly url's and stuff like that.

However you really need to learn a bit about Drupal to use it. You can also use Drupal's CCK (Content Construction Kit) and Views (An SQL Query Builder) Modules to arrange and sort it by desired fields such as Location, Ad Type, Price etc...

It would be a bit of work though and its not really what Drupal's sole purpose is, but it would be relatively efficient at it.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I thinks Noah's classified script using mod rewrites. It's the only one I have found so far.

Geaddict.:)
I had a look at that one, but the options for the URL structure were a bit rudimentary

The kind of mod_rewrite I'd be looking for would be:

/category/sub-category/item-name.html

or something along those lines

RidRed

Seo Friendly Classified Script

blacknight Seo Friendly Classified Script?
I may have posted this question already, but I'm asking again :p

Does anyone know of a mod_rewrite capable classified script?
Hi "blacknight".
I've used reefLESS classifieds software.
I found this script in google "Seo friendly classifieds script"
I like it. May be you can find better solution, but i couldn't.
Good luck "blacknight". ;)

paul

Ninja
I contacted REEFLESS Home page :: Boat [url=http://www.tradenedo.com/]classifieds software - flexible, multifunctional, SEO friendly classifieds script[/URL] , and I would beware of them. It's $600 for the SW, they are located in Russian, but they don't supply proper WHOIS / Phone / Address details. I was not able to get a review of their reefless SW

I contacted another owner of the SW to see if they had any good feedback.
Deutschlands Bootsbörse - neue Boote oder Gebrauchtboote kaufen,verkaufen oder mieten. :: Boote.de
Still waiting on a reply.

Wild Thing

We had a boat and jetski classified site as like a hobby thing up until recently. We ran it on a windoooz server so seo urls were not an option, however listing regularly popped up number one in google and yahoo relating to the product listed. Have a look at the 68 classifieds website, good software with regular update also using smarty templates.

Wild Thing

Maybe but I remember trying this a few years back with iis filters and the results were poor, now search engines do not have a problem with most dynamic urls I just never bothered trying anything new.
I still have the licience for the software so may throw together a site for small ads classifieds

Status
Not open for further replies.