Status
Not open for further replies.

joepc

Site Design Review ***UPDATED***

Hi all,

Im looking for all feedback on our new proposed design / layout for the online store....

Team.ie

Its just a flash image at the moment.

Thanks, Joe

kjt

It looks good to me, the only thing I would say is that in the header there seems too much whitespace left and right. Maybe you should fill the left with a bit more of the black (left of the 'search this site').

Best of luck with it and post up when it's live :)

joepc

Great minds think alike thats exactly what I said :) Thanks for the feedback, I'll be posting all pages as they come along.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
The animation in the header image distracts me.
I presume you want people to look at your products :)

joepc

Agreed Blacknight, Do you think a static image or change the speed of the rotation would work?

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Call me old-fashioned, but I'd go with a static image or maybe one of those random jobbies that loads a different image each time the page loads.

The animation is just distracting.

joepc

im inclined to agreed, rotating images distract.... I'll use the random image idea.... What do you think of the colour scheme?

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
The colours look ok.

I'd be a lot more concerned about the overall layout and navigation.

The "special" should be given a lot more emphasis and you should try to "lead" visitors to the things that you want them to see

TheMenace

I like the layout, it's nice and clean. A few pointers though:
  • The rounded corners can be fairly messy to achieve with CSS. I'd be inclined to ask yourself if they're necessary. If you're prepared to put the effort in though, have a look at Nifty Corners Cube.
  • As was already said, the masthead animation is far too distracting with all the motion. I'd be inclined to make it more subtle. By all means use Flash but do it 1) unobstrusively with alternative content and 2) maybe just have some subtle animations, text transitions, etc.

lostie

On the main page at Team.ie all I see in the middle section is a white area with "%%CONTENT%%". Presumably this isnt what's supposed to come up? as for the white www.team.ie version (i presume this is the html version) the main page could do with better content in the central part, it looks a bit plain, perhaps a change of font could help?

enzo

Nice site, few small things though

1. i'd lessen the gap at the top of the page. i'd keep it the same as the sides
2. what about rollover on the links? personal taste maybe I just don't like links without rollovers
3. are you making it fixed width for only 1024 res? should be possible to make it somewhat fluid
4. the black search box in the header is quite big, you could stick something else in there ... opening times, contact info etc
5. I don't like the white gap on the left of the search box & right of the animation

Mike

As a compromise on the Flash animation, you could do an 'animate once' scenario where an animation happens when you visit the site and then it stops, landing on a final image

I don't think black is a very good colour to use in large areas. It's a bit depressing. I think the whole site would be lifted if you used a tone which is in harmony with the rest of the colours. It is made worse when the flyout menus operate. Also that blue surrounding the site could be lightened a little, to me it looks old fashioned (reminds me of pantone reflex blue, yuk!). The blue in the shopping cart table headers looks a better bet, even a lighter 'shade' of that blue for the surrounding area.

My wife who's a graphic designer just walked into the office and she likes the black but agrees with me on the blue. I still think the black looks bad but hey, I'm not a designer!

cheers,

Mike

paintballer.ie

There is a lot of options on the left menue there. How about reducing them into less catagories, i.e. incar entertainment & sat nav

darsh999

the site's kinda flashy.. with the black color in it.

i kinda dint like the preloaders.

they cud have been more interesting.

Geoff

Looks nice but the jerky flash put me off a bit. The other thing I found was that the quality of the pics in the flash were so good it was distracting me from the site, if they had less in them it would be easier to acknowledge it as a point of professionalism and move on.

I have found the auto community in Ireland a little limited and I'm not sure that the domain would necessarily make it a draw card for the site. You might do better putting team to use as some kind of sport portal and call your shop something else.

Still nice clean design and good look!

G

Status
Not open for further replies.