Slow Sites Kill Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave

While I think there may be some truth in the research. Akamai who commissioned the research sell products to accelerate content delivery.

Personally, I'm not bothered by how long a page takes to load, I just open a new tab and continue on.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
While I think there may be some truth in the research. Akamai who commissioned the research sell products to accelerate content delivery.

I know

Personally, I'm not bothered by how long a page takes to load, I just open a new tab and continue on.

While I might be patient with a site I know and trust I wouldn't bother hanging around if I was merely looking for a supplier of a particular product

larveale

More on speed

Interesting one on speed of Google Search results:

The first test showed that the more results they added to the results page, the less searches those people would do. There was a 20% drop in searches when they showed more than 10 results. Since their revenue has a strong relationship to traffic and search queries, this was bad.

The first theory was the paradox of choice. That users were getting frozen by too much choice. They found out that people who would get 10 results would get their results in 0.4 seconds. The experiment of more results took 0.9 seconds to get their results.

Read more on the post from the conversionrater blog

Status
Not open for further replies.