Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike

Hi,

Does anyone know of a reliable (not necessarily cheap) SMS gateway provider whom they have experience of using. I'm moving my existing account away from Clickatell so no need to mention them. I need an api to send sms's automatically from my PHP scripts and to have the option of a return service would be good but not essential at the moment. This service will just be used for customer reminders at the moment,

cheers,

Mike

davidbehan

I use clickatel to this sort of thing on one client app. Can they not provide the service for you? There's a number of irish providers of this sort of thing but the price goes up. I think www.textus.com may provide what you are looking for.

CiaranR

Weeno Ltd + Skimlinks.com
Yea i heard something about them running into some difficulties from some people I know over at DCU.

I know some other guys just starting out on their own, they have loads experience in SMS but this their first time out their own. You can get them on info [at] text-them-all.com they've no site as far as I know yet, believe that may be a job for me. But as David says there's loads of Irish guys out there.

Why are you leaving clickatel if you don't mind me asking?

Mike

Why are you leaving clickatel if you don't mind me asking?

No, I don't mind. I've been using Clickatell for the last year or two but for the last few months their system was not sending out my SMSs properly, intermittently reporting an authentication failure. Basically it all kept being my fault for some reason and the last email I sent to them showed them how my system was set up with the correct username/password/id etc. which they were able to verify, and I went to the bother of copy/pasting the resultant emails to them showing that even though I was not changing my credentials the system was still failing. I thought that after at first not even replying to my support email that they were finally taking me seriously.

Anyway, the next email I received from support said that I had received some SMSs and contact us again if you have any further problems. Erm, they have not fixed anything and the system is still reporting failed messages because of an intermittent authentication error so nothing has changed. So, no further help from them and no explanations. I'm used to better support than that from my service providers so I'm looking for a new supplier who might be a little more friendly and of more help,

cheers,

Mike

Mike

I've sent an email the textusall guys in the meantime. BTW Frodo, I also told them I could do their new website real cheap! (just kidding!)

cheers,

Mike

Abdul

I'm not an Irish web master, but my company could help you.

We reliably handle approximately 75,000 MT SMS each day with full delivery reporting. Delivery speeds can be as fast as 3-4 seconds, but average at about 10-15.

We can also provide you with an Irish Virtual Mobile Number, or shared access to ours, for receiving SMS.

The company's URL is TM4B Bulk SMS Gateway

ajcahill

Check out webtext.com

We provide a good gateway sms service that is worth checking out.

You can send and recieve messages via API, email, web interface. Also we have a webform wizard that creates a javascript form for your website so people can add or remove their numbers from your sms groups - see WEBTEXT - The office & business SMS text message service.

KEYWORDS , auto-replies etc, group text messaging from your phone etc. We give heavy discounts for volume or single country sending and for non-profit groups - schools, gaa, clubs etc Full coverage of US via short code. Worth a look and a chat.

Bulktext

We are fairly new on The Irish market and have already established ourselves as one of the market leaders. As Clickatell was one of the first to service the Irish market many people believe that their product is the lowest cost and the best. Not true!

Bulktext.ie has a full API guide and is probably the lowest cost in Ireland.

Worth a look.

JoeByrne

Good to know - ill have to check you out as we are going to move from esendex.ie as they are too expensive - good reliable service though.

snapiweb

I've used esendex.ie on a few projects. UK based with a sales office here I think.
Good enough rates and the support documentation and code samples were pretty good

Bulktext

I've used esendex.ie on a few projects. UK based with a sales office here I think.
Good enough rates and the support documentation and code samples were pretty good

Depends what you mean by good enough rates? Sending speeds or prices?

Bulktext most expensive rate = €0.033, lowest =€0.024 per credit.

Gateway capability = 100k messages per hour...:cool:

JoeByrne

we ended up going with cardboard fish... in the process of migrating our servers and consolodating 3 apps, new payment gateway plugins and this new sms providor ... why did i decide to do it all in one go again? ... its going to be a long night.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Thread locked

If SMS providers want to advertise their services use the marketplace

Status
Not open for further replies.