Someone repeatedly clicking on my Google adverts today

Status
Not open for further replies.

dude

Hello

Any opinions on this one?

Someone is repeatedly clicking on some of my Google adverts today - I have a CTR of 400% for some sites.

Should I be worried about this?

louie

I had a similar problem myself so I put up a script to track it and I was right in thinking that way.

It turned out to be from Ireland, same ip 3-5 clicks in less than 1 min. so i stopped the adsense.

Google is smart enough to detect click fraud but I wasn't in the humour for it.

paul

Ninja
Louie what do you use to track ads ? Care to share ?

Dude, there was a poster here, who openly admitted to clicking ads, I think he was in the recruitment niche. Not that I am saying it's him, just that there are people out there who do evil things.

BTW. I guess 400% comes from when people click the Ad Links List ?

paul

Ninja
Thanks louie, I was more wondering on the AdSense side of things. I.e. checking, as a publisher how many people click on the AdSense adse on your pages.

I'm currently not running any AdWords at the moment I will bookmark it for later.

louie

because adsense is built into the page using javascript, if you want to track the clicks you need to inject some event listener to the code on the fly. If you have time to look into phpadds they can handle and store the clicks from adsense, but so does google so i don't know if it is worth the hassle.

Status
Not open for further replies.