Split testing adwords and domain names ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everybody,

(Hi Dr Nick!) Sorry, Simpsons humour out of the system.

What do you guys think when it comes to split testing adword campaigns and domain names BEFORE the business model is put into place i.e. before the goods are imported, before you sell anything, before you make a full scale e-commerce site etc etc etc

I'm having trouble believe Google tools at the moment. On one hand, we have the fantastic adwords keyword tool which seems great and reliable (broad,phrase,exact) and then on the other we have the Google Traffic Estimator (Sandbox tool yada yada) and it's a complete joke. Inaccurate figures and a general cause for confusion.

Any ideas ?

I want to just trust the keyword tool, start getting the show on the road (buying stock, storing it, logistics etc) and split test along the way and see what happens.

MayaLocke

I just saw a demo of a company called hiconversions and it was very cool for split testing. I intend to give it a try and see if I can increase conversions with different versions.

Oh you absolutely should. Constantly re-test and try new ads with different captions, benefits etc.

In fact, maybe that's why this thread has had over 70 views and one reply ? I honestly think most people who run online businesses don't understand the concept behind split testing ads.

Maybe that's a good thing that I know about it then, because as a beginner, I'm on the right track. :)

Any thoughts on the Google traffic estimator and how it varies to Google Keyword tool ?

Status
Not open for further replies.