Status
Not open for further replies.

DigitalDarragh

Oh I understand all that but there has to be a good balance between security and accessibility. In fact, I would submit that the balance should sway toward accessibility if it means that people can remain independant when doing something as simple as filling out a form. We all know about spam. I my self am absolutely sick of rewriting validation code to stop the dam things leaving dozens of messages on my sites every day but I'd rather do that than deny quite a substantial section of the web user base access to my site.

ph3n0m

http://www.etre.com/blog/2006/10/ie7_were_they_ready/

I found this excerpt very interesting

It's worth pointing out however that the general lack of adherence to web standards amongst the FTSE 100 companies may have insulated them somewhat from IE7's various bugs and glitches (IE7 tends to struggle most with standards-compliant sites - particularly those using hacks and filters to achieve decent presentation in IE6). Given that most sites aren't standards-compliant however, we think our results are pretty representative.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Oh I understand all that but there has to be a good balance between security and accessibility. In fact, I would submit that the balance should sway toward accessibility if it means that people can remain independant when doing something as simple as filling out a form. We all know about spam. I my self am absolutely sick of rewriting validation code to stop the dam things leaving dozens of messages on my sites every day but I'd rather do that than deny quite a substantial section of the web user base access to my site.
I've changed the registration function here to use a simple question instead of the image captcha. If you get a chance would you mind testing it?

Thanks

Michele

Status
Not open for further replies.