Status
Not open for further replies.

Cormac

Maybe add a forum for Off Topic discussion and a forum for Blogging which will feature tips and general blogging stuff

Plus...are you planning on installing a template over the default vbulletin look?

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe add a forum for Off Topic discussion and a forum for Blogging which will feature tips and general blogging stuff

I'll have a look at the forum layout and see how best to tackle it...

Where would you suggest putting blogging?

Plus...are you planning on installing a template over the default vbulletin look?

I'm not sure... One of the problems with vbulletin custom skins is that you have to mess about quite a bit if there is a major update and I really hate maintaining that kind of thing

Cormac

i'd say the best place for a blog forum, if it goes ahead, would be within the Webmaster Help section.

As for the default template....you can modify the default template very much so in the admin panel in case you're worried about lossing out on mods compatability with templates. This is the default template that is used here with a few CSS modifications Blaa.ie Community Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Changed the borders to blue, narrowed the forum to allow for a background, modified the logo on the top.

Although it wouldn't be wise to narrow this forum in my opinion as you rely on your banner space for adverts and the like...

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Rollo

I've added a blog / blogging / bloggers forum as per your request

As for the layout - the advertising space is mainly given over to adsense plus the "inhouse" banners at present. I may replace the theme if I see a release that really attracts my attention, but I'm happy enough with the default theme. A lot of vbulletin forums seem to end up with crazy templates that make the sites really slow to load and break the user experience. I'd hate that to happen here

Michele

Cormac

agree with the template issue...all the ones i have seen on template websites are woeful.
and thanks for setting up the blog forum :)
i have a feeling it will go down well

Status
Not open for further replies.