tax advise for irish web developers?

Advert test
Hi I'm.looking to get some info on what to claim as expense as webdeveloper. I have a full time roll but have additional income which has got to point that I would like to declare it before I.put it in personal account but question is what can I claim for before submitting additional income declaration.

I.have domain and hosting charges, software charges and hd purchases all of which were required for me to do my job, can I claim for all of these in total? what about business cards or advertising can I.claim any of this back? Also if I put some.into a pension would this save me money.

I will talk to account but thought you guys might have some experience.

Cheers
B

exactly - just want to keep the books tidy but want to know what I can claim for against costs instead of paying all at 41% plus the additional extras

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
You probably need to talk an accountant to get the best advice on how to minimise your tax exposure and keep it legal :)

At the most basic level you'd need to keep records of your expenditure and your earnings, but if you're working full-time somewhere else you might end up being penalised with respect to tax until you reach a certain level of revenue

You probably need to talk an accountant to get the best advice on how to minimise your tax exposure and keep it legal :)

At the most basic level you'd need to keep records of your expenditure and your earnings, but if you're working full-time somewhere else you might end up being penalised with respect to tax until you reach a certain level of revenue
Cheers for that plans are to meet with accountant over the weekend and plan for the upcoming year/ Would you recommend waiting until the end of year as costs such as repairs can creep instead of having already paid via ros. I find April/May are my busy months but find I do a lot of my hardware purchases in october/november.

Cheers
B