.tel domains - have you got any yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmcc

A few but they are mainly brand protection registrations.

Regards...jmcc

Juice

I got my firstname for pure vanity reasons, didn't want someone else getting it :D Thanks Blacknight!

Haven't got any others, I remain to be fully convinced of the benefits for business when I've got my phone number on the contact page of my website.

Juice

Just read it now, thanks. It answered one thing I was unsure of - that .tel does not support "normal" websites.

jmcc

Care to share?
The main ones are the site names but I've also regged a few personal names and two geo doms. There's still a lot of opportunity in .tel for decent names. The trick will be to monetise them though I'm not too concerned about the brand protection ones.

Regards...jmcc

Tom

If you register a few .tel variations can you redirect to one main one? Also I take it by how they seem to work that no hosting is involved with these domains?

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
If you register a few .tel variations can you redirect to one main one? Also I take it by how they seem to work that no hosting is involved with these domains?
I was talking to Telnic about this last night.

At the moment the simplest thing to do is to create a link on the secondary .tel domain to the main one.. They haven't enabled pointing / aliasing in the system as yet, though they might do if there was enough demand

Re: hosting - Telnic community hosting works fine. The other alternative is to use a Telnic certified partner, but I haven't come across any of them as yet

Status
Not open for further replies.