Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike

Can u expand on that a little? Are you wondering what t's&c's to put on client's websites or what t'c&c's to put on your own site as a developer?

GB39CA

Hi

As a freelancer I just want to know how important T&C are, and also
is it a good idea to get clients to sign a copy before work is started ?

Thanks

ziycon

Im working on my own T&C's for one of my sites at the moment and would be interested what peoples opnions/feelings are on them!

Mike

If the t&c stuff is for your 'business' as distinct from the terms of usage of the website - I would keep it seperate. When I ever did a job for a client big or small, I would always include a contract which spelled out the terms and conditions of the business i.e. how much to pay up front, when final payment is due, how many rounds of edits would be included in the project and so forth. I would get them to sign and return that with first payment before work commenced.

In terms of the site, your terms and conditions would include copyright notice for any content, logos, images etc. on the site plus how you use any information from the visitor (for privacy act purposes) including names and address on forms, cookies etc. This is basically a statement to let visitors know how their info will be used.

If it's business terms and conditions for a website on which you are selling, you should have this accessible from every page (maybe in the footer). Have a look at most commercial sites and you'll see terms and conditions links for ideas.

It is vital that the customer has your terms and conditions in all of the above circumstances (IMHO).

Finally, here is the terms and conditions page from one of my sites to give you a start:

Self Catering Ireland, Holiday Homes Ireland, Vacation Rental Ireland

Not sure if links are allowed in this forum, I'll take it out if not,

hope that helps,

cheers,

Mike

Mike

Sorry, the forum parsed the web link which lost the name of the site, it's irelandathomeDOTcom/terms.php

Status
Not open for further replies.