Status
Not open for further replies.
My main niche is not really myspace layouts - this is sort of a 'sub-niche'? which only came about after I realised that a lot of myspace users were using my backgrounds (I didnt even know what myspace was when I first saw it in my logs), but I'll take any free traffic I can...(even if the CPM is fairly poor).

But I take your point. I am not sure I would pay circa 30 GBP per month for links from ni-photos.jmcwd.com

Re link on my own web site - I knew what you were saying but was trying (and failing dismally) to be funny. :)

I have been meaning to get round to looking at adbrite also (Cormac was recommending it in another thread).....

Thanks.

Just looking at Alexa - how much weight do you think testlinkads place on your Alexa ranking? I seem to have gone up a couple of hundred thousand places lately... How often do they reassess what your site is worth? (I don't know why I am bothering to type this as I have still not got any links sold....) :-(

NB - congrats due on the phenomonal Alexa ranking of these forums...

Redfly

I hope a good bit more as many of my sites have gone up.
The next Google toolbar PR export is also in progress right now so that's good news for earnings too :) (Considering what I am seeing on some DCs)

Redfly

any ideas as to what min. PR and alexa ranking they use as the threshold ?

No, I don't think anyone does. I have had a PR2 site with no Alexa rank accepted and a friend of mine in a different niche had a PR3 with a 100k Alexa ranking and was denied.

I'd say it depends on their current inventory actually.

Seriously though, a site with a PR of less than 6, and Alexa ranking of 80k or worse is not really worth the effort.

RedCardinal

I hope a good bit more as many of my sites have gone up.
The next Google toolbar PR export is also in progress right now so that's good news for earnings too :) (Considering what I am seeing on some DCs)

Good God, I hope this is a false alarm... currently I have a 50:50 split between PR4 and PR1. Not that it matters too much but would still be a kick in the teeth after getting a tonne of decent links... *sigh*

Redfly

Good God, I hope this is a false alarm... currently I have a 50:50 split between PR4 and PR1. Not that it matters too much but would still be a kick in the teeth after getting a tonne of decent links... *sigh*

It's weird. I've been monitoring it all morning. Seems like its only sites without a previous PR or something. I really haven't figured it out.

For example, before I bought Search Engine Marketing Ireland - RedFly Marketing it was a PR2 (TB) then it dropped to PR 0 (TB). Now, we know that the DCs have been showing a split between the last two updates. One of those is almost a year old.

Today, www.redflymarketing is showing PR0 on some, PR 2 (oldest) on others and on about 12 I am aware of now (4 this morning) it's showing a PR7.

The funny thing is that NO DCs are showing ANY change for irishwebmasterforum.com

Pretty good if I do say so myself :) I seriously hope it sticks. Unlike the last revert fiasco.

Seems blogging about SEO doesn't really have that .... impact unless you have the stupid green TB PR to back it up.

Maybe there should be a separate thread for this. :)

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I can hear Michele's sighs from Thailand :cool:
I stopped sighing some time ago. I'm now sobbing quietly!

The stupid thing is that a LOT of pages are indexed and the sploggers are having a field day with the content on technorati! Maybe I should check the technorati rank instead :)

I decided to add my web design web site to textadlinks - and sold a link almost straight away ($20 per month) so this area obviously sells better than free wallpaper / screensaver / myspace stuff..

The other added bonus is that I am getting noticeably more traffic to my web design home page now (which I assume is cos people are looking at the site before deciding whether to purchase a link or not)..

I also added adsense to the bottom of the home page (mostly cos I cannot be arsed with the web design business any more - so I dont really care if my home page puts potential customers off).. (and early signs are that I may get half reasonable returns from this also).

paul

Ninja
Cool about selling space on TLA . What are your specs for your sites ? PR/Alexa ranking for the site that you sold the links.

paul

Ninja
Cheers for that. I just was wondering what I should aim for before I get back in touch with those people again.

I have finally sold another link - now I should be earning $17.50 us dollars per month....

I am still not convinced this is worth doing - all the same I'll give it another month in case I do manage to sell another 10 links!

paul

Ninja
I bought 2 TLA for a month as more of an experiment of sorts. With the $100 voucher it was only $20 for what I wanted. So it was okay enough. To be honest I'd say that google has started to become wiser about these things, according to Matt Cutts anyway.

I don't think I will be buying anymore in the near future. I found out last week that one of the sites had a bit of a make over and the link was no longer in place AND the URL that is was on was now 301-directing to another page of lower PR !

Status
Not open for further replies.