Status
Not open for further replies.

piardog

Hi All,

Is there anybody here doing text marketing for businesses in Ireland?

If so, can you recommend any reliable company that I could contact regarding
setting up a few campaigns for one of my clients and any idea of the costs.

Thank You

Danny: :confused:

robincecily

When sending a bulk text message, your subscribers instantly receive your promotion on their mobiles. This Is usually great of course but there are some common mistakes I see business owners do way too often.

Byron

Probably things like including stop mechanisms, failure to present a proper call to action, forgetting to say who the message is from even... best one I ever got was a chipper in texting me, without any identifiable details!

uMobilize

A few of the mistakes I have seen our clients make include:

Not including an opt-out mechanism.
Not including a "sender tag" or including a busines name in the message.
Building up a mobile database using the tools we provide (such as website form, facebook app and keywords) and then not sending a message in good time i.e. they install the sign-up forms and advertise the keywords. People subscribe and then receive nothing for months. So by the time they get a promotional offer they have forgot they signed up.
Sending too many messages: While there is no set rule for the frequency of messages, in my opinion you should only send a message when you have value to offer your clients. Every time you send a message your subscribers have the option to "opt-out". What you do not want to do is send a silly/irrelevant message and lose half your marketing database.
No real call to action: Your message should clearly explain to the receiver what they need to do to get the offer. Also, think about how you are going to measure your ROI to see if your offer works.
Poor timing: One of the real benefits of text message marketing is that you can time your offers to reach consumers at a time that suits you. This can be relly valuable. For example we have a number of restaurant clients who send special offers timed to reach people around 4.30/5pm. Just when people are strating to think about what they are going to do for dinner.
The reverse of this is that we have had people send messages at poor times e.g. 3 weeks before an event that they are promoting. Or even sending messages at 2am/3am in the morning.
Sending one offer and then deciding this is not for us! Like all marketing tools Text Message Marketing works best when it is used as part of a marketing strategy. For example, come up with a 3 message campaign where you send one offer per month. Or use a combined E-Mail and SMS campaign where you send an email blast advertising an event a week before the event and then send an SMS blast the morning of the event as a reminder (We have a number of blog post where we detail an example of how mobile can be integrated into an overall marketing strategy that may be of interest. Have a look here: News | Mobile Marketing, SMS Marketing, Bulk SMS Marketing | uConnect )

We also recommend to customers that, if possible, they send their mobile database offers that are exclusive to the "mobile club". In this way you hopefully build up some element of loyalty and also you may encourage word of mouth about the benefits of joining your mobile database.

Just a few things that come to mind. Hope this is of interest.

Darylle

SMS is lightning fast, literally putting your message into your subscribers’ pockets or purses seconds after you send. The average time for all mobile carriers and SMS services is less than 7 seconds from send to received. However, other marketing strategies are also incredibly fast, but nothing compares to the swiftness of SMS.

Status
Not open for further replies.