Text vs Image Ads?

Discussion in 'Google Adsense' started by conorod, Feb 6, 2009.

1. conorod

conorod New Member

Which do you find gets more clicks - text ads or image ads?
    I find text ads get more clicks on my forum.

2. elchefe

elchefe New Member

My personal experience says that text ads get more clicks then image ads. People have become blind to banner ads and tend to ignore them.

3. mneylon

mneylon Administrator Staff Member

You can blend text ads in more with your site's layout, so the clickthrough rate is probably higher...

4. crazzy_webber

crazzy_webber New Member

Text ads can get mixed in content, personally I pref Image ads - grabs attention instantly! :D

5. Dsgnr

Dsgnr New Member

Visitors click image ads more than text ads.

6. IrishWholesale.info

IrishWholesale.info New Member

The one line google text ads are good, sometimes I click them, being genuinely interested.
    A mixture of both can't be beaten I guess :)

7. michael.burton

michael.burton New Member

Surely it depends entirely on the design of the site you are placing the ads on ?

I have had sites where text only was needed as the ads then blend in, and on others I needed image ads only as it was a very "graphical" site and text would have looked out of place.

8. AAA

AAA New Member

Image mostly, but as others already said u really needs to see how it goes with your content

9. immediate

immediate New Member

Text ads is without a doubt better than image in most cases. But I'd suggest you leave this to Google to decide. They will tweak things to earn you as high eCPM as possible.

10. Niche

Niche New Member

Text ads have worked pretty well for me. But it really does vary from site to site so test different formats on your site

11. Tomastamm

Tomastamm New Member

Thank you very much for the interesting information)

12. jamestierney

jamestierney New Member

PC Experts - Computer PC & Laptop Repair Dublin Kildare

Text ads are much better

James

13. trickobrien

trickobrien New Member

Text ads no question.And with blue titles.Site ideally should have CSS to match ads.Image ads for decoration.

14. avviodavid

avviodavid New Member

In my experience the more you customise your ads to look like content the better your click through rates. At Avvio we offer XML solutions to our publisher clients. For example - Breaks Ireland.com. - these ads look like content resulting in high click throughs.

15. SupNY

SupNY New Member

Seems like there is no clear winner on this one, although I am a text add person myself :)

16. M@rc

M@rc Member

Both are good, but I've earned more with text ads.

17. greatar4

greatar4 New Member

Based on my own experience Text/Image ads tend to get more clicks than Text only ads. The reason is that Text/Image ads look more appealing than Text only ads.

18. VictoriaDaizy

VictoriaDaizy New Member

Google Adwords Image Ads

Yes, I quite agree with you but nowadays a picture can say a thousand words, and this is especially true when it comes to advertising. And AdWords is expanding their reach with the search results ads by now allowing advertisers to use image extensions with their ads so that images may show up along with the AdWords ads.

People are lazy to read all the text, they would rather look through the picture than waste time reading a long text. I found many interesting tips and tricks about it SEMrush Blog | Google AdWords Image Ads: Tips and Tricks. Hope it will help you too.

19. peterpp

peterpp New Member

In my sites the test ads have bigger CTR

20. mosharop

mosharop New Member

I have an affiliate products review site and I get more clicks on image ads.I think image ads are the best option then text ads.