"The Apprentice" website for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

munsterweb

It's with some regret that I'm forced to sell this site as I don't have the time to maintain it. It's a real shame, because it has the potential to be huge.

I'd prefer not to post the domain name here, but the URL is in my profile and it's the number one site on google for the search term "apprentice ireland" and "the apprentice ireland".

The site was developed using wordpress and the theme is a modified version of Revolution One Magazine by Brian Gardner. It's currently hosted with Blacknight (with whom I have no affiliation, other than as a satisfied customer).

Even in it's current state it has attracted over 2,200 unique organic visitors over the last 2 days. This is likely to increase substantially as the show gathers pace and generates more media interest.

Apart from adsense, a few Amazon affiliate links and an adlink in Jackie Lavin's profile, the site hasn't really been revenue-optimised. But, with a bit of work, it should be fairly easy to start generating a large amount of traffic and, consequently, some ad income.

Afraid I don't have any real idea of it's value so can't indicate what I would accept. As they say, a site is only worth what someone is prepared to pay, so I'm open to offers.

If you need any more info, just PM me.

munsterweb

"The Apprentice" website sale update

Just to let you know I have turned down an offer of €1,750.00 for the website & domain.

I've decided to set a BIN price of €7,500.00 but am open to offers.

I also have the final confirmed visitor figures for 21st & 22nd September - 3,265 visitors (3,022 unique).

Thanks.

tomed

Have you looked into the legalities of this at all? Like is it in breach of copyright or anything like that?

How long has the site been live?

munsterweb

Have you looked into the legalities of this at all? Like is it in breach of copyright or anything like that?

How long has the site been live?
No there are no copyright issues. I spoke to TV3 lawyer last year and he confirmed that as long as it was clear the website wasn't affiliated with either TV3 or Shanawil Productions there wouldn't be a problem.

The site has been up since July 08.

If anyone wants a serious crack at developing the site to take advantage of the growing interests in this year's series, then obviously quicker sale can be agreed, the better.

munsterweb

Up until now, I have exclusively advertised the site for sale on this forum as I felt it was unfair to have postings on multiple sites.

However, as there doesn't appear to be much interest on irishwebmasterforum, I will be asking the mod to close this thread at 8pm on Sunday evening 27th September if there are no offers before that deadline.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Award-winning Mac antivirus and Internet security software