the importance of .com or .ie, when entering other markets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bober

Hi,

I'm pondering the questions - I have a video that will be going viral soon & I estimate that the largest viewers of this video will be in the Sates then Ireland.

Should I have my webiste as a .com or .ie? It's an Irish based company but will attract lots of americans.

Also, do you think hosting in Amercia would be a good idea?

Advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Where is the video being served from?
If it's on blip.tv or YouTube it won't matter too much where your own site is as long as it's got good connectivity

What makes you think that it will "go viral"?

bober

Most likely the video will via youtube.

I'd be confident it will go viral - to my knowledge what i'm doing is totaly unique in Ireland & never tried before. I've some great contacts that will help plug this. I'd say the majority / inital video sharing will be through facebook, then on blogs, youtube & news sites - then hopefully things will snowball from there.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Most likely the video will via youtube.

Ok
I'd be confident it will go viral - to my knowledge what i'm doing is totaly unique in Ireland & never tried before. I've some great contacts that will help plug this. I'd say the majority / inital video sharing will be through facebook, then on blogs, youtube & news sites - then hopefully things will snowball from there.

Um ok ..
Expecting something to go viral is not a guarantee that it will ..

bober

Ok

Um ok ..
Expecting something to go viral is not a guarantee that it will ..

Aw tell me bout it - I'd be really disappointed if it's flops. I just really need to knuckle down & make sure it's executed to the best of my ability. Hopefully I can come back to this post at a later stage with a link to a successful video!

Status
Not open for further replies.