Status
Not open for further replies.

bober

Official training course video from facebook. This is a must watch for anyone using facebook for business and a great source of information about the new timeline Facebook Pages

Tom

Cool, I just published to the new timeline version, will have to sort out some cover images now.

bober

Humm there is always issues when facebook make upgrades but all n' all I think this is a great upgrade and I wouldn't really agree with 'the bad outweighs the good' There is so much good stuff that article never even mentioned like, Star posts, Creating Milestones and posting old events like cococola going back to 1886, new admin panel, Header banner design Nike, larger canvas size to design 810px, more interactive 'wall' / timeline etc etc

If Facebook do decide not to allow landing pages for specific tabs it's a change that people will have to embrace. I really don't see any real reason not to upgrade now - well unless you are currently in the middle of promotion or something like.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
A LOT of companies use the tabs for promotions etc., not being able to use that any more is going to cause a lot of headaches for people

bober

I'm sure it will - All is not lost you can still use the tabs. FB allow for 4 main tabs always on view (1 being photo's and can't be changed) then people can choose 3 of their own custom tabs for promotion.

Change is good and I'm sure some creative social marketing will come from this. Check out Mari Smith one of my fav resources on facebook https://www.facebook.com/marismith Mari seems to be highlighting important stuff. Here is another good resource I found while on maris page Facebook Timeline for Fan Pages – Frequently Asked Questions | HyperArts

In terms of facebook promotion it maybe a good idea to see what these guys come up with to suit the update Powerfully Simple Facebook Applications | North Social Powerfully Simple Facebook Applications | North Social

IMV this is a good change and I think business pages will have to become more interactive. Visually the timeline has a lot more impact than the old way and it's great for showcasing products and services with the highlight option :)

NiallK

Wow I had thought the new timeline was terrible! But that video helps see its advantages. I think it will be harder for businesses to make their timeline facebook pages look and work well compared to the previous version, but once they get it on track it will look good.

bangmap

The lack of tabs is a huge problem. However we just will have to be creative again...Also the missing navigation on the left I feel is a loss. you could easily link to undersites and other sites you liked. Now this has to be done as a post...also the share button, to make people share content from your website directly to their profile is not existing anymore...

Taffy Boggle

As a relative newbee to Facebook - I found it very useable as an administrator. I had it up and going after about 2 hours of my bumbling

R

rasha magdi

nice , great efforts man, thx for sharing that with us

Status
Not open for further replies.