Status
Not open for further replies.

garycocs

Well lads, if ya get a chance could you tell me what you think?

Find and Rate Pubs in Ireland

I know:

The logo at the top is a bit small and needs to be enlarged

It doesnt validate well but that will come with time

Also if there are different colours and so on recommended, I would be grateful if ye could give them thanks!

Please be gentle!

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
button text looks too comic

Map looks too ERM ...

You're using CAPS ALL OVER THE PLACE ITS REALLY NOT NICE TO READ THAT FOR TOO LONG :)
Yes caps can look good but in most terms you don't use them for bodies of text.

The javascript news scroller seems a bit jumpy to me and is annoying

A pub of the week might be nice and liven up the page a bit

Not too keen on the contrast of the White background and the Green header text

Your reflection for your search has a black line on the left ?

Your blog page is quite cramped ... text-align: justify ? and some line height

Not too keen on your moving pictures on the front page either hmm.. not sure why .,..

Maybe I'm just in a bad mood today :D

apart from that its quite nice

garycocs

Haha apart from that?? :D

nice one forbairt,

ya might add couple more ratings to the scroller

green text too bright

had spotted that annoying black line

the map is strange some people love it some people hate it?

not sure myself anymore

again "lots done more to do" sigh

Forbairt

the map is strange some people love it some people hate it?

Guess which group I'm in :D

I think one thing that annoys me as well is your number of pubs effect ... it goes from one style to a coimpletely different style

If you had
Ireland
Number of pubs
Number of ratings .

instead of just the grey text ... it wouldn't jump so much

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I really don't like the map...

Agegroups - "all ages" almost suggests underage drinking ...

http://www.ratemypub.ie/Carlow/ - gives a "helpful" error about the feed not loading - maybe there isn't one?

Gavin

Dunno if its my ISP but it took ages to load.

Also, the phone numbers for the North are incorrect - 10287965...

I'd use the format +44 (028) 79-65.... as an example for Antrim.

n3tFl0w

Gotta agree - took at least 5-6 seconds before I saw anything... Just white and then bam all at once. During that time my browser was showing me that it was opening google maps... but I couldn't find any google maps stuff on the front page. odd.

I like the idea and the design. However - I am absolutely freaked out at finding a picture of me in your image rotation widget.:eek:

Just on another side not - Gavin, you should only put brackets around the number that gets dropped when you dial the full international number i.e. +353 (0)1 655 9999. Then people know that it is the starting number without the intl. dialing code. Unless of course you drop the full 028? I dunno much about NI numbers...

EDIT::: Actually. wow. I hate that Javascript on the feeds pages. Sorry but really irritating to have to scroll up and down! if I click the "next 20" button at the bottom I have to scroll up to get the top of the list. I'm sorry but I don't like it.

garycocs

Haha picture of yourself eh? Guess you must have a stalker.

I've changed the loading of the google maps there too so it only loads for pages that have it.

Let me know if you think it makes a difference.

ratemypub .inc is not responsible for the stalkers and weridos on line

What would you suggest with the county page? I've way too many pubs to show on one page so it's a bit easier this way!

n3tFl0w

Loads much faster now.

I dunno about the javascript list. Is it not a little superfluous? You could use PHP to show 20 pubs at a time? And still have the next/previous buttons and all that. But maybe thats a lot of work for you. Maybe wait until more people say and maybe see what the overall feelings are on it.

At least you could add an anchor at the top of the page that when you did click on the bottom Next 20 at the bottom, it would move back up to the top of the page instead of making your users scroll upwards. But maybe that only happens with FF on macs. I'll check my Vista machine in two shakes and let you know.

CiaranR

Weeno Ltd + Skimlinks.com
That javascript is brutal how do you expect google to index your site or people to use it, scroll up every time you press next? Madness! Why are these not real links?

Also what order are you listing pubs in? It's not alphabetical or by rating.

Forbairt

Right so the common consensus is that I get rid of the javascript and user normal pages?

Well I just loaded your page ... and nothing is showing up ... oh why oh why don't people include <noscript> statements

How will google be handling javascript links ? :)

Why is rating rules a main feature on your menu ?

I click on admin at the top and it takes me to an Authorization page ... why on earth am I seeing an admin link ?

How do I get back from this Error page .. which should be nicely formated as well I might add

and so on ...

garycocs

Right the javascript will go, guess I was trying to be too smart with the ajax.

format error page, remove admin link to somewhere less obvious,

rating rules will probably go too when we get the jobs section up and running!

louie

Right so the common consensus is that I get rid of the javascript and user normal pages?

No, but create an alternative link or option.
Your javascript gives no message of what's happening, and only few seconds later the content changes. Show a visual "loading" thingy...

garycocs

No, but create an alternative link or option.
Your javascript gives no message of what's happening, and only few seconds later the content changes. Show a visual "loading" thingy...

That coud be an idea, the pubs are all linked from the county page all right with the scrolling list in the bottom right corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.