To PHP, Web servers and Google Search experts

Status
Not open for further replies.

dakshinamurti

Hello

I have a tough situation to manage with my site, and I was hoping to get your help with this, is possible.

I own 2 domains. one is teelook.com and the other is teelook.pt. Both of them are associated with the same account, hosted at PTISP. They refer to a tshirt webshop.

I asked PTISP to develop a script to do the following. Have the site in 2 languages - english and portuguese - meaing you can select one of these languages by hitting a flag button on thje top of the screen to the right. Also there is a redirect feature where the server detects the domain through wich the user accesses the shop and depending on that, the server serves by default in a certain language. This means that you enter teelook.com and by default you get the site in english, and if you enter teelook.pt by default you have the site in portuguese.

Remember, it's the same shop, in the same account, so the same index.php can show different content.

My problem is with google, and just google. It seems to have issues listing my .com domain since i registered the .pt in addition to it.

Some folks in a forum talked about possible content redundancy, and yes, I guess there is redundancy. For instance the adress

Teelook - Your T-shirt webstore - T-shirts, Funny T-shirts, Custom Tees, Cool Shirts, Souvenirs

would show the same thing as

Teelook - Your T-shirt webstore - T-shirts, Funny T-shirts, Custom Tees, Cool Shirts, Souvenirs and

Teelook - Your T-shirt webstore - T-shirts, Funny T-shirts, Custom Tees, Cool Shirts, Souvenirs

would show the same as

because you can click the flags to switch the language both if you enter throught the .com or the .pt

I don't really know if this is due to these redundancies or not... The fact is, yahoo, altavista and several other search engines don't have any issues and list teelook.com normaly...

Also, even if I wanted to remove certain pages from listing, let's say, by the use of robots.txt, I wouldn't know how to do it... because let's have an example:

Teelook - Your T-shirt webstore - T-shirts, Funny T-shirts, Custom Tees, Cool Shirts, Souvenirs and

Imagine I wanted to remove the second one from indexing... how could I do it, if they are both in the same folder public_html/index.php which can have the language variable added via the redirect.

Maybe this is irrelevant and google is just recalculating my pagerank and very soon will show my main site again in the results... I also generated the so called google sitemap in xml and linked it to my teelook.com domain in webmaster tools of google...

I just want normal results, like in yahoo...

Can you give me any ideas on how to tackle this?

Please send a copy of the reply to miguelangelosalazar@gmail.com

Thank you very very much!

Sal

louie

That will probably fall into duplicated TITLE so by changing the page TITLE adding... let say Portuguese at the end will change things a bit.

Also if you have in the query string language=en why use the .pt domain? Just redirect to the .com straight away.

Status
Not open for further replies.