Tracking Open Rates and Click Throughs in a newsletter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Crunch

Hey all.

Im looking for some help tracking my newsletters.

I am looking for some good software (free or certainly pretty cheap like €100-€200 etc) that will allow me to track the effectiveness of my newsletter in terms of how many people actually open the mail and how many click-through to the links provided.

Someone had mentioned one to me before that cost circa $150 but I cant think of the name.

Any advice is very much appreciated and again I am a complete novice so apologies if this is something that is very basic so any help is welcome.

Thanks

php.allstar

Hi,

Have a look at CampaignMonitor.com

You just add your html email, specify recipients and click go!

(well there's a couple of tweaks you have to make like adding an unsubscribe url etc!)

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
Hi,

Have a look at CampaignMonitor.com

You just add your html email, specify recipients and click go!

(well there's a couple of tweaks you have to make like adding an unsubscribe url etc!)

CampaignMonitor ends up quite pricey though

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
A lot depends on your budget, size of your list and time
Bear in mind, however, that tracking open rates is not a precise art, as a lot of email clients won't download the image / script or whatever you're using to track it

php.allstar

Yep, it can all ad up, depends on number of recipients as you know.

In the last company where I worked we were looking at more of an "enterprise" solution and went with a company called "Email Vision", worth having a look as I remember they were quite cost effective but not sure if they look after the little guy, may tend to focus on large companies with hundreds of thousands of recipients...

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Infacta's Groupmail is pretty cost-effective and has (or at least had) a tracking option

Status
Not open for further replies.