TradeDoubler and self-updating offers banners

Status
Not open for further replies.

clothing.ie

My biggest gripe with TradeDoubler is that they haven't yet, unlike almost every competitor they have, permanently self-updating banners.
Other networks can give me a "current voucher-code", or "current promo" banner that I can place and leave, without constantly having to go back to check it or replace/update code.
Anything on the horizon on this Eoin ?

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Em - yeah they have
The Apple banners on here are never updated by me - ever

Yet they always have the latest offer(s)

clothing.ie

Depends on the merchant

Just emailed TD with a list of merchants who don't, having been informed by TD that it's the merchants who decides whether or not to provide the self-updating banner.

I would have put this down as a function that the network would do, rather than trust a merchant to always get coding etc right.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Just emailed TD with a list of merchants who don't, having been informed by TD that it's the merchants who decides whether or not to provide the self-updating banner.

I would have put this down as a function that the network would do, rather than trust a merchant to always get coding etc right.
The merchant pays the network, so ultimately they decide ....

If you look at some of the creative on buy.at, for example, some of the merchants still have creative from 3 years ago lying around

clothing.ie

Surely it would be much easier for the network to do anyway - after all, the network will have to adjust the merchant's basic banner code in each affiliate's case to add individual tracking.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Surely it would be much easier for the network to do anyway - after all, the network will have to adjust the merchant's basic banner code in each affiliate's case to add individual tracking.
I think you're missing the point.

eclarke

Hi there,

Thank you for your feedback. TradeDoubler has had self updating banners in the publisher interface for a number of years now.

Creatives are updated or replaced by the merchant or in some cases by a TradeDoubler representative. New banners are also added for new products, they sit beside existing products (which might not change) e.g. Apple recently uploaded new "iLife '09" creative while their Mac Book creative remained unchanged. New creative and products are communicated to publishers associated with the programme in question. The same rules applies with all our programmes.

Unique voucher codes are emailed to publishers e.g. DELL voucher codes are usually emailed bi-weekly.

I'd be happy to go through this in more detail with you, please feel free to email me on Publisher Support.

Best regards,

Eoin

Status
Not open for further replies.