Status
Not open for further replies.

MOH

Would appreciate any feedback on http://www.[url=http://www.homestaypenang.net/]travelsize.ie[/URL]

Some SEO stuff (title tags etc) and T+C still outstanding, but other than that I be glad of any errors spotted or suggestions for improvements.

Thanks

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I love the idea. As someone who travels quite a bit having to carry "normal" sized toothpaste etc., around is a pain so I'd probably use the site

myfirsturl

looks very nice but unfortunatelly from my end your website loading time is to slow, i think you should ckeck this your hosting.

orsltd

Nice idea and good website. If you are really serious spend some time and getting the SEO part done. You don't even have a keyword or description on you home page. Also a bit less social network links, it's an online shop and not a landing page for facebook or twitter (bit more discrete). If you have a phone number (really a must) get it up on the home page. On a more business note, what are you shipping charges? Get the T+C's done asap and get yourself a merchant account to process CC and Laser. Why pay all those fees to PP. Enable shipping to other destination, at least the UK. IE market is to small for your niche. Add some specific content to your site, e.g. what are the allowed quantities on plains if you travel etc. Last thing, enforce a minimum order, lets say €10. Otherwise you will be spending more on packaging than you make money form some of those €0.50 items and there are quite a few.

Paul

MOH

I love the idea. As someone who travels quite a bit having to carry "normal" sized toothpaste etc., around is a pain so I'd probably use the site

Thanks for the thumbs up - and the tweet, was wondering why the traffic suddenly jumped when I'd only just put it live!

Nice idea and good website. If you are really serious spend some time and getting the SEO part done. You don't even have a keyword or description on you home page. Also a bit less social network links, it's an online shop and not a landing page for facebook or twitter (bit more discrete). If you have a phone number (really a must) get it up on the home page. On a more business note, what are you shipping charges? Get the T+C's done asap and get yourself a merchant account to process CC and Laser. Why pay all those fees to PP. Enable shipping to other destination, at least the UK. IE market is to small for your niche. Add some specific content to your site, e.g. what are the allowed quantities on plains if you travel etc. Last thing, enforce a minimum order, lets say €10. Otherwise you will be spending more on packaging than you make money form some of those €0.50 items and there are quite a few.

Paul

Thanks for the feedback.
No idea what happened the meta description on the main page, thought that was in there, it's on most of the others. Bit of SEO work to do alright, some of the pages got indexed before I'd updated the meta and canonical tags, and there's some other bits and pieces to tidy up.
Good point about the social links, probably don't need the Facebook one at the top, the footer links should suffice.
Phone number is on the contact page, but you're right, getting it onto the home page will help build trust. I definitely need to get the shipping costs more visible too. T+Cs are just about done, merchant account is in progress.
Interesting suggestion about the minimum order - we're expecting that the shipping cost would dissuade people from ordering just one or two 0.50 items, but it's something to keep an eye on, and maybe a minimum order would work out better.
Working on a blog with info about products and general stuff like airline limits, etc.
Thanks for taking the time to go through it in detail.

davidbrett

I like the idea too. I would agree that you probably need to add a UK focus for this to become scalable. The site is very clean and professionally designed making it very easy to use.

It looks to me like you need to do some further keyword research. Your home page title tag could be using phrases like Travel Toiletry, Travel Toiletry Bag etc

FergusM

Hi,

I had a quick look and here are my thoughts.

Overall the size nice and clear. Looks well.

Put you Visa and Paypal logos up at the top of the page new visitors can see it. If you got any support from a government agency then you should put there logo up as well. This will lend credibility to you.
put a phone number up on top of page. This gives customers confidence.
You seem to have 2 shopping cart boxes showing up. Up on the top and one on the side.
It would help if the photos had some thing that people could relate in terms of size. When you arrive on the site it is not obvious that is what are selling.
Put your contact details up on top of the page where people can see them. Not hidden at the bottom.
Remove the ad from the bottom of your site for the person that built it. They got paid for there work I presume. Its your site.
Your page titles have your website name it. No need as Google knows who you are from your URL. Save this for other important keywords for Google to understand better what you are. Equally your product page URL correctly has trhe name of the product but nothing about miniature or travel size. This is the most important place for keyword placement.
Hope this helps.

Regards
Fergus

MOH

I like the idea too. I would agree that you probably need to add a UK focus for this to become scalable. The site is very clean and professionally designed making it very easy to use.

It looks to me like you need to do some further keyword research. Your home page title tag could be using phrases like Travel Toiletry, Travel Toiletry Bag etc
Glad you found the site easy to use. Thanks for pointing out the home page title tag, I'd been meaning to go back and revisit that.

Hi,

I had a quick look and here are my thoughts.

Overall the size nice and clear. Looks well.

Put you Visa and Paypal logos up at the top of the page new visitors can see it. If you got any support from a government agency then you should put there logo up as well. This will lend credibility to you.
put a phone number up on top of page. This gives customers confidence.
You seem to have 2 shopping cart boxes showing up. Up on the top and one on the side.
It would help if the photos had some thing that people could relate in terms of size. When you arrive on the site it is not obvious that is what are selling.
Put your contact details up on top of the page where people can see them. Not hidden at the bottom.
Remove the ad from the bottom of your site for the person that built it. They got paid for there work I presume. Its your site.
Your page titles have your website name it. No need as Google knows who you are from your URL. Save this for other important keywords for Google to understand better what you are. Equally your product page URL correctly has trhe name of the product but nothing about miniature or travel size. This is the most important place for keyword placement.
Hope this helps.

Regards
Fergus

Thanks for taking the time to look and the feedback.
Will definitely look at putting the phone number and contact links more prominently on the front page. Good idea about the government agency logo, I'll look into that.

There's a main shopping cart in the sidebar, with image and details, which appears on most pages (except the product detail page). There's also a summary cart in the header which is always there. We've found that some people seem to expect the mini header one to be there , and some the sidebar one. Having both options caters to both.

Not sure how to include an idea of scale in the photos without cluttering them. Had hoped that the website title and logo might make it clear, might look at adding a tag line below the logo to clarify exactly what we do.

Fair point that Google know who we are, but including the website name in the page title helps a little in getting the name into people's minds. Also, it's at the end, so shouldn't impact Google's evaluation of the rest of the title. Regarding the page URLs, every page has "travelsize" in the URL, as it's in the domain name. Including it again would push the remainder of the URL further out, plus could be considered spammy keyword stuffing. Should possibly prefix the title tags with "Travel size " though.

Thanks again for the review,
Mick

Status
Not open for further replies.