Status
Not open for further replies.

johnrochie

Hi all,

I have 2 question's that I've been trying to solve for the last couple of days but with no luck.

Firstly I'm building a website for a local guest house. I have most of the site completed but I have run into one problem. They want a calender on the site, show what dates are booked, available etc. They have asked for one like the one used on the website Holiday cottages throughout the UK and Ireland | Welcome Cottages.
This shows unavailable dates in different colours to available ones and gives the price for the week when you click on the date. I've never used a calender like this before so I'm stumped. I've searched around for some different types but nothing is giving me what I want. Can anyone recommend any similar to the one on this website?

Secondly, I've been asked by a friend of mine to manage the updates on his website. The site itself is designed and run by a much larger web design company. It was created in PHP. They have given me ftp access to the site to allow me do the updates, but once I've logged in, I'm completely lost. I've looked through the files, found ones I know i need to use, like news_do_create.php but I can't figure out how I can open them. Am I right in saying I need access to the backend to do this work or can it be done through ftp?

Thanks

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
For the php based site - does it have some form of CMS? If it does you'd need the login details to the CMS backend for updates

Byron

The best option will be probably to go back to your client, tell them the truth and get the budget for more advanced work, such as the calender you will probably have to use a CMS such as Joomla with extentsions. If you aren't comfortable with this, maybe outsource the work to a reputable company.

On the ftp issue, you will probably need frontend login details, ask your friend to ask the web company for these and they should supply unless amounts are outstanding on the account, etc.

Hope this helps!
Byron

eamo

A quick google search will get you a load of 'out of the box' solutions. Should be easy enough to grab one and integrate into your site.

sandeepji

Hi, Regrading first question, Still i am unable to help you, but I suggest you that for next task, you follow any CMS[Content Management System] like Joomla or Drupal, Because here you just call some function that's help you for getting yous goal. and for another I'll give as I have an Idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.