Unused Domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gavin

And I guess its a mixture of curiosity and just being plain nosey :)
HAHA I admire your honesty!

Rule of thumb, never taste for domains unless your credit card is at hand. Although going by that rule it can end up being very expensive. :(

I'm holding off from buying any more domains until I have all my current ones live with content. Focus on throwing pages of content at them, sprinkle some affiliation onto them and shabang, you've a profitable site within a month. ;)

Forbairt

Portfolio Building
HAHA I admire your honesty!

Rule of thumb, never taste for domains unless your credit card is at hand. Although going by that rule it can end up being very expensive. :(
Was actually an old site I had and let drop ... and I'd toyed with the idea of re-registering it again ... kicking myself that I didn't but ah well ... I've others to replace it

I'm holding off from buying any more domains until I have all my current ones live with content. Focus on throwing pages of content at them, sprinkle some affiliation onto them and shabang, you've a profitable site within a month. ;)
as I said I've about 10 I've got to do things with ... if I can start making a few quid on those .. I'll be happy :) if they pay for themselves and actually manage to make me anything else I'll be even happier :D
(I know how to go about it .. I just lack the time / motivation to do anything about it right now)

(that said I could post a few less messages on here .. but then it'd just end up being work work all the time) :D

raul

Only today i put non-renewal on about 8 domains that are just wasting away...
No such thing as " wasting away domain " Ziycon.On this days and prices ( ~ € 5.00/yr ) if a domain brings you even € 1.00 a month revenue makes what ? ..around 120% return :) ?...no bank will give you that much
Now multiply this by tens or hundreds or ( why not -in time- ) thousands "wasted" domains and you'll see that next time you might think twice before dropping domains...
Just a humble opinion...

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
It depends on the domains...

Sure, some will give you a return no matter how you use them, but others simply won't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Award-winning Mac antivirus and Internet security software