Status
Not open for further replies.

Gavin

And I guess its a mixture of curiosity and just being plain nosey :)

HAHA I admire your honesty!

Rule of thumb, never taste for domains unless your credit card is at hand. Although going by that rule it can end up being very expensive. :(

I'm holding off from buying any more domains until I have all my current ones live with content. Focus on throwing pages of content at them, sprinkle some affiliation onto them and shabang, you've a profitable site within a month. ;)

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
HAHA I admire your honesty!

Rule of thumb, never taste for domains unless your credit card is at hand. Although going by that rule it can end up being very expensive. :(

Was actually an old site I had and let drop ... and I'd toyed with the idea of re-registering it again ... kicking myself that I didn't but ah well ... I've others to replace it

I'm holding off from buying any more domains until I have all my current ones live with content. Focus on throwing pages of content at them, sprinkle some affiliation onto them and shabang, you've a profitable site within a month. ;)

as I said I've about 10 I've got to do things with ... if I can start making a few quid on those .. I'll be happy :) if they pay for themselves and actually manage to make me anything else I'll be even happier :D
(I know how to go about it .. I just lack the time / motivation to do anything about it right now)

(that said I could post a few less messages on here .. but then it'd just end up being work work all the time) :D

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
Forum owners have it lucky, they have people like us to create their content.

Mental note ... create forum ... oh wait ... that is actually one of the plans :D

Welcome back to the land of blogging as well :)

raul

Only today i put non-renewal on about 8 domains that are just wasting away...

No such thing as " wasting away domain " Ziycon.On this days and prices ( ~ € 5.00/yr ) if a domain brings you even € 1.00 a month revenue makes what ? ..around 120% return :) ?...no bank will give you that much
Now multiply this by tens or hundreds or ( why not -in time- ) thousands "wasted" domains and you'll see that next time you might think twice before dropping domains...
Just a humble opinion...

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
It depends on the domains...

Sure, some will give you a return no matter how you use them, but others simply won't

Status
Not open for further replies.