Uploading files using FCKEditor

Status
Not open for further replies.

grandad

I'm building a CMS system for a client at the moment. All is going well, except they want the ability to upload PDF files.

I installed the easyUpload plugin which nicely provides for file uploads, but for some reason the system keeps rejecting PDF files ['file type not allowed' or some such crap].

The configuration is as follows, which should allow all files bar the excepted ones.

Code:
$Config['AllowedExtensions']['File']    = array() ;
$Config['DeniedExtensions']['File']        = array('html','htm','php','php2','php3','php4','php5','phtml','pwml','inc','asp','aspx','ascx','jsp','cfm','cfc','pl','bat','exe','com','dll','vbs','js','reg','cgi','htaccess','asis') ;
Has anyone any experience of this?

P.S. As you may gather, I'm using the PHP script...

louie

change this to:
PHP:
$Config['AllowedExtensions']['File']    = array('pdf') ;//and add one by one separated by , like 'pdf', 'txt'

louie

if you are using FKEditor you need to enable the upload feature and what connectors you are using.
First open the fckconfig.js file and find:
Code:
var _FileBrowserLanguage = 'php' ; 
var _QuickUploadLanguage = 'php' ;
make sure they have php as value

then go to editor->filemanager->upload->php->config.php
open that file and make sure this line is true:
Code:
$Config['Enabled'] = true ;
and then the others have the right extension:
PHP:
$Config['AllowedExtensions']['File'] = array('pdf') ;
$Config['DeniedExtensions']['File']  = array('php','php2','php3','php4','php5','phtml','pwml','inc','asp','aspx','ascx','jsp','cfm','cfc','pl','bat','exe','com','dll','vbs','js','reg','cgi') ;
$Config['AllowedExtensions']['Image'] = array('jpg','gif','jpeg','png') ;
$Config['DeniedExtensions']['Image'] = array() ;
$Config['AllowedExtensions']['Flash'] = array('swf','fla') ;
$Config['DeniedExtensions']['Flash'] = array() ;

grandad

Apologies for the delay - had to go out for a while....

This is very strange. According to their documentation, "array() ;" allows all file types. I was able to upload DOC files with no problem using this configuration. I changed it to Louis' example [thanks Louis] and explicitly declared the extensions and it now works!

Brilliant.

Thanks lads.

Status
Not open for further replies.