Status
Not open for further replies.

Amateur

Hi all,

I am looking for some advice and help.

I run a fairly popular website in my spare time. I have it with about 4 years. Recently I have been approached by somebody to buy it from me. I am looking for advice at how I can value my site and get the best possible deal for myself.

I had planned prior to this to a redevelopment of the site, move to another technology etc. Currently I have no advertising on the site but have plans to introduce it. I have been approached by several firms, upwords of 10, to advertise on my site. My site is focused on a wide spectrum of people from local to international. It has a large range of features and has over 8000 members.

I would be very appreciative of any advice. I dont want to give out too much information on a forum. If someone had the ability to value the site for me then that would be great, send me a pm. Any guidance would be great.

Thanks.

louie

Are you making any money from it at the moment?
If yes calculate how much you make in a year, and add how much could you get from the 10> advertisers if you add them on to it.
Double or triple that and should be enough to cover the time spent.
You can also have that figure in mind and see what the buyer offers you.
If less show him the up finger, if more you hit the jackpot, but like in poker don't give in quick. Think about it.

Amateur

No, not making any money from it at the moment which makes it difficult for me to judge.

I certainly will not be backed into a corner and will not sell unles i am happy with what i got. The domain name cerainly has alot of potential, though personal time restraints have made it difficult for me to maximize this potential in any way. My site has a PR of 4 and gets about 35-40000 a month and 240,000 Page Views.

louie

first if the domain name is good that should be worth some money, so it could be a reason why the buyer wants it in the first place.

Redfly

No, not making any money from it at the moment which makes it difficult for me to judge.

I certainly will not be backed into a corner and will not sell unles i am happy with what i got. The domain name cerainly has alot of potential, though personal time restraints have made it difficult for me to maximize this potential in any way. My site has a PR of 4 and gets about 35-40000 a month and 240,000 Page Views.

It depends on what market it's in too. For example, if it was a MySpace forum, it would be worth a LOT less than if it was say a Tax or Financial forum.

Amateur

I was wondering if anyone could value my site for me please or know of someone that could. Please send me a PM if interested.

Thanks

Amateur

Prefer not to give out the domain name.

How would I go about getting the domain name appraised?

Cheers.

paul

Ninja
Some people value websites at x10 --> x20 times the monthly income, but you've stated you don't earn anything from the site. There are also people who would be willing to pay a premium for your active members.

You can try this site for an very rough estimate of your site's worth. dnScoop - Domain Name Value, History, Stats Tool and Forums

But as they say, "it's worth the amount that people will pay for it"

effect

before you get carried away, that site is nonsense, my site's estimated value is $885,522 however, i'm prepared to sell for half that :D

paul

Ninja
Amatuer, if you are going to sell it,it would be best to try to make some money out of it and show a potential buyer that in say 12 months they can get their investment back. If you need help on that, drop me a PM with the URL and I can get back to you with some ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.