Status
Not open for further replies.

gsenders

How about online video games rental? We launched www.gamesenders.ie in August and are pulling together our affiliate program at the moment. Please take a look at the site but ignore the affiliate links that are up there as we have decided to go with an individual program. I hope we have made the right decision?; in the end we could not justify the cost of joining TD or CJ so have opted for Affiliate Tracker www.affiliatetracker.eu instead. Does anyone have any experience of this company?

What do you think of our payout rates?

€ 5 per sign up for your first 25
€ 7 per sign up for every sign up over 26

Are these enough to attract a significant number of publishers? (These are paid when a member signs up for our free trial; they have no obligation to join after this)

Many thanks for your input

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I've split your post off from the original thread.

While your affiliate program might be of interest to people, posting about it in a thread about DVD rentals is not helpful or relevant

gsenders

Blacknight
Apologies; I had meant the post to be a reply to you specifically as you were interested in online dvd rental affiliate programs so thought you might be interested in GameSenders too but it ran away with me. Thanks for splitting it out.

gsenders

Blacknight
Apologies; I had meant the post to be a reply to you specifically as you were interested in online dvd rental affiliate programs so thought you might be interested in GameSenders too but it ran away with me. Thanks for splitting it out.

gsenders

Forbairt,

We are considering a download service for PC games much the same as that offered by Metaboli and Steam; however the Irish customer base may just be too small to make it a viable option..yet to be determined. Do you have an opinion on this?

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
My opinion would be that I'm not the right target market but I'm still curious as to why no PC games.

My other opinion would be that most of the games I'm interested in are around 4gbs and while I've got fast net access I don't want to download 4gbs to get a game I can play for a week or two. I might as well just go with a stream account or similar and get the full thing.

I also only purchase about 1 or 2 games a year .. I download a good few demos which can be quite chunky in size as well but still around the 1gb mark is acceptable for me.

My next purchase for example will be QuakeWars Enemy Territory as the demo of that got me hooked. (will be at christmas) There are a few Adventure games I wouldn't mind trying out the full versions of ... but I honestly don't have the time to play these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.