Virus on website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Munsterboy

Hi Nod 32 is telling me that I have

php/rst.ak trojan

on one of my websites.

Hosting company say that it has nothing to do with them.

I would have thought that they would have detected if there was a trojan on their shared hosting platform (linux)?

Anyway, anybody have any ideas how this might have got there or better still how to remove it?

Al

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
It's probably one of those charming viruses that infects a pc and then uploads itself to the web server using your ftp details

It's not the hosting company's problem - sorry

tomed

Have had a few clients with the same issue - after much searching it turned out to be a virus using the FTP client to upload to the server.

Change all your passwords asap! :)

Oh make sure you clean your PC before you do!

letsmove

had the same issue. dumped the laptop after it re-occurred several times even after changin passwords etc. does your cmd prompt work? think it also has something to do with adobe 8.1 ....

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
had the same issue. dumped the laptop after it re-occurred several times even after changin passwords etc. does your cmd prompt work? think it also has something to do with adobe 8.1 ....

We've seen at least two versions of this virus / trojan in the last few weeks. It seems to be hitting a LOT of people

letsmove

part of the iframe injection virus i think. some insert javascript code. others infect homepage files. manual clean the only option to fix it!! painfull.....

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
part of the iframe injection virus i think. some insert javascript code. others infect homepage files. manual clean the only option to fix it!! painfull.....
The biggest problem with these viruses is the attack vector - the end user themselves

It basically uses the user against themselves!

Status
Not open for further replies.