Status
Not open for further replies.

SEO

Currently only have a VPS in Ireland for clients, which def cant hold anymore.

Would I be better with a dedicated solutions for Ecommerce sites, or more VPS (1 per client - expensive)

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
A lot depends on what you are trying to do and how you are trying to do it

Any serious ecommerce site should be using a VPS or dedicated - and it's NOT expensive. Compare the cost of a server to a shop with footfall ..

SEO

Hi

Thanks for the response. Yes I am aware of its value, but in comparison to my dedicated servers in the UK and US .ie is costly, but I need it now for my Irish customer base want to move them from UK to Irish servers for SEO etc.

Ecommerce CMS sites, direftories blogs etc.

Will need room for up to 50 magent ETC.

my other servers have cpanel, so do i need this for an easy transfer???

I assume you do this sort of thing so if I can pass business on this forum I will be glad to do so - but unfortunatly I have a tight budget and require good kit haha.

Thanks for any help you can give me in advance.

SEO-GODS

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Hi

Thanks for the response. Yes I am aware of its value, but in comparison to my dedicated servers in the UK and US .ie is costly
No it's not if you actually compare like with like

Will need room for up to 50 magent ETC.
What??
my other servers have cpanel, so do i need this for an easy transfer???
Not really. It depends on what you are moving to tbh ..
I assume you do this sort of thing so if I can pass business on this forum I will be glad to do so
This site is not a sales channel - discussing hosting in general is fine, but advertising it or selling it is not ..
- but unfortunatly I have a tight budget and require good kit haha.
You can't have it both ways ..

SEO

Hi

I have compared like with like, and have never found an Irish provider to match my current spec for my current costings. (Not rack**** or equivalent who know how to over charge)

50 ecommerce sites

I will be moving sites with product databases (php coding and sql) - must be seemless as these are selling sites with over 1million turn over each (scary stuff - I dont want a solicitors letter for loss of turn over :) )

OK no probs will not buy anything on here or try to sell :)

In the current climate I must try to get best value for money - I dont expect it for nothing, but do expect exceptional deals or have to at least try for them :)

Thanks

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Any time I've looked at dedicated pricing I've found that the low end is very low ie. price, spec etc.,
When you start getting into decent spec machines with reasonable chip speeds, multiple hard drives, firewalling etc etc., the price difference becomes neglible

SEO

OK, I need your help then :)

I have the following managed server in UK:
Dedicated Hosting - Dell R710, Dual Quad Core, 12GB, 4 x 300GB (Have this nearly 2 yrs ish now)
Hardware firewall, daily back up etc.

Split this server into sections (windows and linux) also increased the through put for video content etc

For under £450 inc VAT, but cant find anyone to match this.

I have been with these guys for a number of yrs and they are excellent. Have also been with the so called top 3 in the UK so have lots of experience in whats good and not so good service.

I would be extremely greatful if you can point me in the right direction for a similar strategic partner here as I am having diffs finding 1.

Thanks

SEO

Status
Not open for further replies.