Web design for beginners.

Discussion in 'Webmaster Discussion' started by Magenta, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Magenta

Magenta New Member

Hi,

I would like to get into website design as a hobby. Which is the best and easiest software to use for a beginner Dreamweaver, frontpage etc

And would they be compatible with Wordpress?

2. M@rc

M@rc Member

For a beginner, I will not recommend using software to design web pages.
    I recommend you start learning the basics of HTML and CSS and the best way to do that is by reading a few of the tutorials here: W3Schools Online Web Tutorials
    However, if you still want to use software, I'll strongly recommend that you still read to learn so that any software which you use does not insert any unnecessary code into your work.

You can also use this website to test whatever you need along the way: Real-time HTML Editor

I've never used Dreamweaver before, so the answer your question, you'll need to search Google.com to find reviews comparing both.
    Don't always search for "the best" as it may include bias information.

3. mneylon

mneylon Administrator Staff Member

Dreamweaver is pretty expensive if you're only "playing around"
    Frontpage is dead at this stage. Microsoft have replaced it with Expression Web Microsoft Expression Web 4 | SuperPreview | Snapshot Preview | Intellisense | Modern CSS | Cross Browser Testing | Microsoft® Expression® I remember playing with it a couple of years ago and it was pretty good. I *think* a version of it might have been bundled with Office, though I could be wrong.

If you're just starting out grab a book on (X)HTML and use notepad to get your head around the basics of markup.

4. paul

paul Ninja

Give CodeAcademy a whirl Code Year: Build a Webpage | Codecademy

No need for DreamWeaver or any fancy software. You will need a browser, and an editor that does syntax highlighting, like Notepad++ (and maybe some image software at a later stage).