Status
Not open for further replies.

davidbehan

Is it just me or do you find the web industry booming at the moment?

I'm finding a lot more enquiries and sales are being processed and trying to get work done by other web companies is difficult as everyone seems to be up to their eyeballs... well, the good companies anyway. From a few people I've talked to in the last short while, they all seem to be busier than normal.

Any thoughts?

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
Since I got back from france at the start of August I've just been up to my neck ... I'd guess people just expect websites these days ... I know I do

If you don't have a website for your shop / club / business .. what on earth are you playing at ... its extremely cost effective advertising ... even if you're not at number 1 on google for your search terms ...

I've found a few people I know from shall we say the older generation online on facebook or similar sites and I wouldn't have thought they'd be on these type of sites in a million years.

EdenWeb

I think you're right David and notice that the busy camp is divided down the middle between
  1. folks who have taken on so much work they're busting at the seems and are saying 'no' to stuff
  2. folks who have started turning down a lot of work so they can have better quality of life, more time with family etc etc
For example, I've turned down several projects in the past year that years ago I never would have believed I could have been working on. (Irish telecomms company, large finance institution, international software company, hosting company etc..). I'm doing this because there's enough work out there and you should pick and choose who you want to work for.

A while ago I just would have said 'yes' to everything and tried to take on as much work as possible. I don't have a young family but I know a few of the guys have kids etc so some people are just taking things at a more leisurely pace.

ph3n0m

Well I am working fulltime - but I do nixers, and I have had to turn away work - simply because fulltime work is really really busy - I think it must be the season for it

Status
Not open for further replies.