Webmaster Tools - 1000s of links to one page

Status
Not open for further replies.

tubos

I started work on adding an online store to an existing website. When the store was completed I went about trying to improve the ranking for the site. In Webmaster tools I see something I find a bit odd. There are thousands of links coming from a total of about 1100 domain to the site, but all of these links are linking to one particular blog post on our site. Most of the domains that are linking to this page dont exist, but the ones that do I've found the link in the source code of the page, the page itself is just pointless text.

I know there is this Google disavow tool, I tried it for one of the domains but didn't seem to work. I'm wondering, if I delete the post/page that the links are pointing to, re-do a sitemap and submit, will these links be removed from webmaster tools??

Christine45

Your idea is outstanding the issue is one thing that not enough persons are speaking intelligently about. I am very completely satisfied that.

Last edited:

Micheal

If Disavow tool is not working at all then you should remove that page/post ASAP, because it is the only way to get rid from auto created spammy backlinks..

Status
Not open for further replies.