Website for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMC

Hi,

Can anyone give advise on this please.... I want to sell a website.... Where to go, what to do, etc...

I have a website that I don't need anymore, you see, I used to be a self-employed person, in maintenance, and I stopped doing that.

The site is www.homeandgardencare.ie and it comes with business name (registered on CRO) domain name/ host/e-mail route

Any advise will be great.:)

Thanks a mil.

paul

Ninja
Technically you can't sell the .IE, but it can be part of the sale.

Basically to sell a site you need to
1) find someone who will buy it (most people fail at the first hurdle)
2) if they already can lay claim to the name, then skip to part next part, if not they will need something, either you change the business name to theirs or get them to register another one.
3) file a request with the IEDR to get the claim to the domain changed

That's it, there is more steps in case they don't want to take over your hosting contract::

To move the domain to another server, if they have one of their own already
4) download everything from the old server and upload everything to the new one.
5) change the DNS settings to point to new server (and domain name servers)
6) take down the old site when you are sure it's been transferred
7) cancel your hosting

Live in peace.

GMC

Thanks for your advise; I will look into it and see what 's the best option for me.

Thks,
GMC

GMC

Hi Paul
No, not realy.....
Sorry I don't know much about this. I had the WebSite done for me, for the business, but I'm not trading anymore, so no use to me.

paul

Ninja
sometimes it's like being a dentist in here.

how much are you looking to sell the website/business name for ? Why would someone buy this ? Think about selling yourself !

GMC

I don't know how much is worth, that's why I posted this on the forum in the first place, to get an idea/ offers.
This should come very handy for somebody(or Co.) in the building/ renovation/ gardening trade who is at the early stage, and needs to develop the business.
Regards,

paul

Ninja
Okay,
well seeing as the only links to your website listed on google are :
1) one from here
2) one from getafreelancer

Your site would only be worth what people are willing to pay for the design of the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Award-winning Mac antivirus and Internet security software