Status
Not open for further replies.

kennedyzor

Pay per click advertising works because:

* By using the bidding system, similar to how an action works,everyone can compete on a level playing field.
* Pay per click is cost efficient.
* Results are measurable.
* It's extremely well targeted.
* Pay per click is the ultimate in direct response.

all the above thougth's of pay per click advertising benefits. This is the one of way of the marketing method that you should be using.

Interleado

personally i use it to see which keywords i should be using and then cut down and concentrate more on the organic. If your site isn't good enough for the organic results you will end up paying higher CPCs anyway (because of QS issues).

link8r

It's also good to use PPC while waiting on your organics to rise up through. But PPC without conversion tracking must be a nightmare - not just AdWords conversion tracking but any kind of tracking.

CityLocal_Cork

It's also good to use PPC while waiting on your organics to rise up through. But PPC without conversion tracking must be a nightmare - not just AdWords conversion tracking but any kind of tracking.

Good point link8r, I sometimes do this, particularly with some of the more competitive keywords.

namit

I did the same as link8r and find it great end up spending less money (but then i get less traffic to the site).

gav240z

Pay Per Click is Great

Pay per click is one of the most effective and measurable forms of advertising. There in lies the problem, too many people don't measure it properly or have the skills to understand what to measure.

Web Analytics can tell you lots about your visitors, and I would never run any PPC or Banner advertising campaign on the web without tracking it in an Analytics package.

Of course Organic is better as you don't have to spend a dollar once you are there, but as long as you are getting a positive ROI for every keyword you are bidding on PPC is fine.

CityLocal_Cork

That was my point really, 80% of people click on the natural listings - its the most effective place to be.

Therefore you have to measure the ROI between your PPC campaigns and getting your site up organically.

(Personally I do both, so I'm not anti PPC).

robbyst

To appear organically is unlikely to happen!

Unless you have a very particular key word to be found, it's hard to appear organically. If you consider it's worth it, I think it's a good idea to hire the services of a good company. Some have great deals!!

Hafsoh

What is really great about PPC is that its highly targeted. You only reach customers looking for your services so you get the most from your budget.

websitedesign

PPC is great for quick traffic when getting a site launched and indexed fast.

Unless you find a great arbitrage opportunity then it's not the best option.

Long term SEO and link building has far greater benefits...

saviourdlima

Pay Per Click advertising has been a popular method of online advertising ever since its arrival on the scene. This quick and convenient Internet advertising mode, however, has become very competitive and expensive over the years.

PPC is not as well targeted as you may think. Ads are often run on an organic SEO conflicting basis, meaning you may end up paying to get a customer you should really be reaching organically. Also just because Google says you are targeting a certain keyword and therefore a certain customer, does not mean you are targeting the right users, you may find using the content network yeilds high traffic but poor quality, meaning it is not so well targeted!

I agree consumer driven search engine queries is an effective communication method, but it is not as perfectly targeted as it appears to be.

I could post resources on this if anybody is interested

PPC is not as well targeted as you may think. Ads are often run on an organic SEO conflicting basis, meaning you may end up paying to get a customer you should really be reaching organically. Also just because Google says you are targeting a certain keyword and therefore a certain customer, does not mean you are targeting the right users, you may find using the content network yields high traffic but poor quality, meaning it is not so well targeted!

I agree consumer driven search engine queries is an effective communication method, but it is not as perfectly targeted as it appears to be.

I could post resources on this if anybody is interested

karenjlwalker

PPC does have its benefits as previously mentioned such as it being highly measurable and targeted, however it really depends on its purpose and your budget allocated to online marketing. Because you will have to pay x amount every single time someone clicks through to your site, if those visitors are not converted into customers then you will have a lot of wastage in terms of expenditure. If then you are going to use ppc it may be wise to look at conversion rate optimization also, especially if ppc is to be used as part of a long-term online marketing plan. Otherwise, you could use ppc on a short-term basis only while you build and increase your ranking in the organic searches.

Status
Not open for further replies.