What are the best Web Visitor Analysis tools out there?

Discussion in 'Online Marketing Discussion' started by link8r, Feb 6, 2013.

1. link8r

link8r New Member

Google Analytics is rough, out-dated and rapidly becoming obsolete. I've heard of many better analytics tools out there but you have to invest a lot of time in them before you know if they're limiting you or helping you expand!

I would love to hear ideas about better analytics tracking software please :)

2. paul

paul Ninja

What are you looking to track ? Anything in particular ? Depending on what you need, you might able to pick what one suits you best.

http://www.kissmetrics.com/ is one that seems popular, but haven't used it tbh.

I use GA and http://piwik.org/

3. chicagorox

chicagorox New Member

for competitor rankings and most accurate visitor results, try semrush, it's the best in the game.

4. link8r

link8r New Member

Thanks for the replies.

We're looking for better goals and goal path analysis, better A/B testing and better user data.

5. link8r

link8r New Member

6. ralph

ralph New Member

In my view, the most appealing advantage of PIWIK is that the user data is stored on your own server instead of being sent to a third party like Google. And users can opt out of being tracked.

7. link8r

link8r New Member

That is a pretty attractive feature!

8. spagettilegs

spagettilegs New Member

Google Analytics is becoming obsolete?

9. dan12

dan12 New Member

I use Google analytics allot but it can be pretty daunting with some much in there so some times I use statcounter.com just to give me the basics , recent page visits , exit links , time on site ect.

10. mosharop

mosharop New Member

I think,what you say,Google Analytics is the best traffic analysis tool.

11. I use statcounter if I only need the basics, its very user friendly and free

12. robert45

robert45 New Member

There is lot of traffic tracking tool but i like as well as trust Google analytic tool. I never know about both sites thanks @piwik.