What are your views on the new Facebook 'Promotion' Post?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bober

I personally have mixed views on this. On the one hand yes it's great that Facebook are giving page admin the opportunity to reach more of their fans but then on the other hand it's almost as if Facebook are pushing page admins to advertise with the promotion application.

Also on that note, the new stats view below your posts (no. of people reached and %). Yes it's great from a marketing point of view you can view your posts stats but these stats are also a Facebook sales strategy because people will soon notice their posts are not getting as much coverage. Facebook's hint hint you better promote your posts for full impact.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
They're a public company. They have stock holders.
They can't monetise mobile properly with their normal ads.
This was inevitable

bober

They're a public company. They have stock holders.

I suppose that opens another topic of conversation; what direction will Facebook take now that they are public. Their philosophy of connecting people will alter! Going public could be a bad move for FB and I'm sure many changes will come in the future.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I suppose that opens another topic of conversation; what direction will Facebook take now that they are public. Their philosophy of connecting people will alter! Going public could be a bad move for FB and I'm sure many changes will come in the future.

Why?
What were they doing previously that was so "good"?

bober

Why? Considering they are now public the company needs to make money and keep their share holders happy resulting in major changes within Facebook resulting in more ads and creative ways to make money. Point being they went public, the advertising platform has changed, recently moved over to timeline, got rid of default landing pages (having a knock on effect for advertisers), etc.

It's not what they did previously that was so 'good' but 'what in the future are they going to do that is 'bad'!

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Every time they change anything people complain, but a few weeks or months later they've adapted to it

Status
Not open for further replies.