What do you think of the new facebook page design / layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

bober

What do yoy think of the new facebook page design / layout?

From the offset I have mixed emotions! I think it's like everything else, you'll get use to it!

Pages able to like other pages (this also shows up on your page, this will create/bring related pages much closer to each other)

Dislikes:
Not mad about the pics at the top of the page
I prefer the old main nav at the top (maybe I'll get used to it on the left)

BIG PLUS's
receive notifications when people post comments on your page
Posting on other page's as your page (not as real user)

All n' all I think it's a positive step for pages!

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I keep finding little things that I wasn't aware of.
Some of them are going to take some getting used to, while others are just plain odd :)
All in all I think it's an improvement
Hopefully we'll see less of these businesses trying to "friend" people on there - which is just plain wrong on so many levels!

Forbairt posted this the other evening, which gives an overview of it: Facebook pages are getting an upgrade - Hosting - Domains - Blacknight Blog

bober

After writing about this change, I actually really think this is a big improvement on behalf of the facebook team. & YES I really do hope business friend adding will come to an end, it's one of my pet hates about FB!

Here's my analysis about the new facebook page config > New Facebook Page Upgrade

All n' all I 'm happy with these changes :)

bober

I keep finding little things that I wasn't aware of.

Here's a really cool feature/idea it's like 2 way web linking website's (I just did this). For example > I just liked a page in a similar field to me (a business friend page) So I said to this page 'Hey page x I just liked you as a page please like me as your page name' It's great for networking because people who like my 'business friends' page have similar interests in my page then > resulting in my page growth & visa versa!

This is what I mean by creating a 'social page community' pages liking pages! I can't put enough emphasis on the impact this is gonna have! For the past couple of years I have been liking pages using my 'user profile' honestly with no interest in that particular page! Now I really can build my page / brand & not affect my personal profile :)

Status
Not open for further replies.