What do you use for your blog?

• Wordpress (installed on your own domain)

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Wordpress.com (service)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Movable Type

• Blogger

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Typepad

• Other Service

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Other Software

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
As it doesn't cache the content every single page rendered = multiple db queries

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
ok this really is a resurrected thread now :D

Wordpress / Movable Type / Textpattern

dropping textpattern though as its a bit of a DB hog I find with all the queries (could be an issue with the host its on as well though)

Wordpress does have a caching plugin but I've not used it just yet. I will be though shortly.

Once you realise wat Movable Type is doing though its pretty amazing :) and I'll say a lot of people will be switching.

Fiodor

Drupal for me.
A lot of additional modules available.
Allow users to post their blogs if i will allow and more

Anouilh

I've worked out a system that allows for sharing photo between Wordpress, Blogger and Flickr. Flickr has a "Blog This" feature which allows for posting directly to either Blogger or Wordpress, which saves time and energy. I've also taken to importing posts from Blogger into my Wordpress blog, which means finding a new audience. Some people never post comments to Blogger, but choose to comment in Wordpress. Frankly, I find it all a bit mysterious.

josefzh

I use wordpress.org. It's the best. no other platform comes close in my opinion. Blogger is easy to use but if you want your blog to go places then you have to get off on the right step and i think that that is wordpress.

Alerner

Wordpress on own domain

Use Wordpress on my own domain but concerned re recent attacks on worms which seem to get through easily

Ciprian

WordPress self-hosted and several home-made (and hand-made) custom CMS's.

I never use Joomla. It's bulky and bloated.

walter

Wordpress all the way for me. I'm not as technically savvy as I would like to be in regards to programming and coding, and the sheer amount of the various add-ons, themes, widgets, and God knows what else that is on offer for people who use Wordpress is very convenient for me. Easy to find, easy to install. I tend to keep my webpages simple, too, so none of the issues caused by lots of SQL queries like mneylon said.

unrealindeed

Administrator
Staff member
WordPress (installed on a domain). I have a few installs of Joomla (I wont mention what version o_O) that need to be converted to WordPress soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.