What's the best related posts plugin for wordpress?

Status
Not open for further replies.

M@rc

I've used a couple of wp themes that included the feature built-in the theme package.
I'm looking at using a theme without the additional feature (assuming it's not built-in wordpress's default feature-base) and was hoping to find the best free well-coded plugin available.

What do you guys use that is compatible with wordpress 3.4.2?

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, basically it's those additional links with related posts in the content.

You can see an example of something that does the same thing at cNet - Netflix signs unprecedented movie deal with Disney | Internet & Media - CNET News
To the right of the article, you will see "related stories" with similar links.

paul

Ninja
I tried it out, but it leaves some additional text and a link to the bottom of a post - however, I don't see it on your site :p
Does that mean it's okay to remove it?
Also, how?
those posts at the bottom are the related posts. You may need to change your template to get them in the sidebar, or there may be a wiget for it.

M@rc

those posts at the bottom are the related posts. You may need to change your template to get them in the sidebar, or there may be a wiget for it.
I know that, but the plug-in inserts a credit link at the bottom of the "related posts". That's what I'm talking about.
It's not showing on your website, btw, so I assume you removed it (but when I do a fresh install, I see it on my install).

paul

Ninja
I know that, but the plug-in inserts a credit link at the bottom of the "related posts". That's what I'm talking about.
It's not showing on your website, btw, so I assume you removed it (but when I do a fresh install, I see it on my install).

It's at the bottom look for

M@rc

This is what I was talking about, the red underlined text :

Anyway, I found a way to remove it. It's an option in the wordpress control panel that says, "Help promote Yet Another Related Posts Plugin?". I unmarked it and it disappeared.

Now I'm encountering another issue. In the related posts links to my content, at the ending of the link it has numbers for who knows what reason.
From the screenshot above you can view a preview of the link endings for the 1st and 2nd links (the others were edited out).

paul

Ninja
Those numbers are a value of relevance (out of 10 I think), and they are only showed to admins when they are logged in.

Status
Not open for further replies.